New Volvo FL 12t

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you guys operate the new Volvo FL12?

we are considering to purchase one of these and would like to know your thoughts on them? Good and bad please.

Thanks

Mark

Am I missing something or has this post fallen through a time warp and arrived 15 years late?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you are missing something! Go to Volvo trucks and you will see the FL!

This is what Marky is after!

volvo__fl240__12_ton_4700_mm_wheelbase_2007_1_lgw.jpg

coiler:
Am I missing something or has this post fallen through a time warp and arrived 15 years late?

You were thinking Wendy House on steroids, a rare but capable truck in its time :wink:

Ah, I bought one of those in '94 it was called an FL612 in those days. This is one of those Renaults with a volvo badge?

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Renault Midlum with Volvo trim - Badge engineering

coiler:
Ah, I bought one of those in '94 it was called an FL612 in those days. This is one of those Renaults with a volvo badge?

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

I was thinking uprated FL 10 :unamused:

And if you don’t want an FL have an LF …RenauLt cab used by Volvo and DAF…So you have a choice of 3 with different running gear

norb:
And if you don’t want an FL have an LF …RenauLt cab used by Volvo and DAF…So you have a choice of 3 with different running gear

But don’t get the wshite auto in Daf

I may be wrong ,but I think Volvo are using the same zf boxes in the FL …I don’t think even Volvo can improve it ,as it is a manual box with a hydraulic powerpack…And shame on you :smiley: :smiley:

Got a new Daf LF 12t due to be delivered any day now, Manual as I’m not a fan of those little ZF auto’s or the lighter end of the Volvo range

norb:

Renault and Volvo are the same truck - Just trim differences

That is disappointing!

I have looked at the merc atego 12t most expensive then the Man 12t and the Vovlvo is the cheapest was hoping it was going to get better reviews being a Volvo. :cry:

Marky trucker:
That is disappointing!

I have looked at the merc atego 12t most expensive then the Man 12t and the Vovlvo is the cheapest was hoping it was going to get better reviews being a Volvo. :cry:

We had s Customer with 4 Renaults - They performed perfectly but when the Bosses Son passed his test he didn’t want a Renault so they bought a Volvo instead. Most upset when they got it in over their pit and found it was excactly the same as the Renaults. :smiley:

Ha ha ha ha ha that is quality!

Do like the looks of the Renault ones.

Curious on what you need it for? And if you need the sleeper cab?

to be honest there isn’t that much difference between them,Daf use the ZF box which Volvo use so I guess Renault use ,neversweat will hopefully correct me if I am wrong.So apart from the cab and gearbox that they share ,DAF us the ■■■■■■■ engine ,DAF /Leyland chassis and albion axles .DAF also are the biggest user of the Renault cab So the LF can’t be that badAlthough te old 45 /LF has always been a good truck

Disco Street:
Do like the looks of the Renault ones.

Curious on what you need it for? And if you need the sleeper cab?

We use it for general haulage 1 or 2 nights out a week.

Hi Marky, if your Renault price was from more than a few weeks ago ask them to look at it again, there is a specific campaign on D Range trucks with extra factory support, might be worth double checking.