new volvo fh

sat in this today and i gotta be honest its rubbish ive never liked the styling to me volvo have scored an home goal with this motor,quite a few folks at the retro show said it is a step backwards and theres less room in this than the model its replacing.there doesnt seem to have been any driver input into the design of this truck and id say it were desinged by volvos car design department,the roof is higher but in the wrong place sorry volvo must try harder

Not seen one ‘in the flesh’ but I think it looks drop dead gorgeous both inside & out!!

Ross.

I wasn`t impressed with it!
I had quite a long and engaging conversation with one of the Volvo bods, they were not very good at answering my questions regarding development, so I asked leading questions about cross over tech and design, between all the companies that are owned by Volvo…I think I may know why it is such a badly designed peice of equipment :laughing:
He did tell me however, they had a long battle trying to get the ‘N’ series type approved for the UK, which ended in failure, shame, as they are a decent bit of kit.
New iBox coming out in this new model soon though, that learns regular routes etc.
So I figure that may be an improvement on what is already a good box, if you like autos.

I wonder who will have one in their colours first?

Imo it looks like a revamped version of the old F10/12 cabs. Not the best looking truck in the world that’s for sure

Is there an FM version in the pipeline as well?

I think to will be a grower, it looks fairly similar to the merc and when the other makers bring out their new models it will site just right. Remember this truck has to last for a good 15years and what the fahsion is now will be complelely different in years to come.

That coke can looks reet tidy…

That picture looks better than any of the promo videos/pics I’ve seen - think it looks quite smart there…

Had the chance to look in it on Sunday, didn’t appeal to me, I do not like the swept up styling on the side, apart from that it’s a new truck, same ole, same ole. Now the 2800 DAF that was much nicer!!!

“V222 VTC” doesn’t strike me as the kind of plate Volvo would own, so could possibly be a haulage firm?

VTC-Volvo truck corporation,it is there private plate.
Saw this at Gaydon on Sunday,well I’m still distinctly underwhelmed by it,mirrors look crap,looks like Gerry Anderson designed them for stingray,dashboard looked like the shape of a first generation actros and I’ve got to say whilst the raked screen has gone,I’d love to know what Volvo have done with the extra space as the first thing the chap who got in the passenger side did,was yes you’ve guessed it,banged his head on the above screen lockers!
Still think it looks like an ECX Olympic from the side.

Looks great!! Best out there right now imo.

WIll filter down to the FM i’d imagine. (I’m hoping, anyway! :wink: )

One thing I did find out was the new independent suspension is a £3000 option and Volvo aren’t expecting to fit many in the uk!

Saw one on the road today and it looked the nuts, dare i say it, i think its slightly better looking than the merc?

Im not impressed. Looks like the old model but with more bling.

I may not have been here for long, (about three hours!) but I can guess that I am going against the combined wisdom of my betters when I say that the Merc is the best looking new truck out there. It’s just got a road presence that the others are lacking. I await the new Renault uncovered but I am guessing that will be more of the same too.

pepperpot:
One thing I did find out was the new independent suspension is a £3000 option and Volvo aren’t expecting to fit many in the uk!

And its only for LHD at the moment anyway !!

the first one in UK currently being auctioned on ebay for charity, £73,500 so far at time of writing this!

i do like the looks of it from the outside, but inside is very bland most of the dashboard buttons are not fat fingered driver friendly. not keen on the little switch for the handbrake which looks like all the other buttons on the centre console. this one also had the phone built into the truck (keypad on dash)

storage is quite shocking as well if you got the double bunk version the cupboards on the back wall are very small and with the big glass window on the slope of the roof , you loose valuable cupboard space on the front

Untitled by Truck and Racing pics UK, on Flickr

there is also a lack of flat space on the dashboard. so you will need to wall mount ya tele

Untitled by Truck and Racing pics UK, on Flickr

The dashboard looks good, the buttons don’t need to be driver friendly just so long as they look cool and make a nice noise when you press them…