New Volvo fh price?

Looking for a ball part figure, what would a new fh 500 hp globetrotter XL cost to put on the the road and how much is volvo gold repair and maintanence going to cost?? Preferably a ppkm costs!!
6x2 tractor unit !!!
thanks
James

I know someone who has this exact truck and he tells me he is paying £1,600-ish a month with everything included, VED, tyres, breakdown cover, everything except insurance.

Hi the last price I had for a new fh to own after 60 months with 10k down with full r&m was 2200 month! Hence why I had a 3 mth old facelift fh @ £400 less a month. Annual km 160.000 =16ppkm

Thanks for the replies gents’ any idea on a purchase price for the tractor u it as above, don’t want to get my local dealer to excited before I have worked brought some basic figures

Thanks James

We got quoted 86k for a FH4 500 Eu6, or 74k for a Classic FH 500 Eu5 (last of the old ones). Both with 2 year wtee but no maintenance, we do all ours ourselves.

Harry Monk:
I know someone who has this exact truck and he tells me he is paying £1,600-ish a month with everything included, VED, tyres, breakdown cover, everything except insurance.

i would ask him to do his figures again Harry :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:
i would ask him to do his figures again Harry :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well, that’s what he told me. He also said a new Merc is £325 a week for a similar deal except you have to tyre it yourself. They’re lease hire figures rather than purchase though. Is it true, no idea!

why not ask around a few dealers.everyone can get a different deal,some pay more some pay less.also depends on how many trucks and length of contract. :unamused:

Shirt box I am going to see my local dealer I wanted some figures to work through before I go to give me a starting point to see if I make what I’m proposing to do add up.

James

Depends on you and dealer

I know simon scrivin one cost him just over 95k onthe road
Twin tanks alloys leather fridge microwave tv icool etc metalic pain
Is on 5 year gold with euro for around 420 ish a month 160000km

Did get offered bog std ones other week single tank etc
For 86500
Know someone who looked at lease was over 1800 month plus tyres plus road tax

No one company there spec just bought 6 around 91k
Have 2 euro 6 ones coming in new year and paid 94k

I remember when the F10 came out it was £5300 new

** people do seem to do things differently these days !
Lease didn’t exist 20 years ago & you only ever bought new if you could afford too.

The muck shifter I bought earlier this year cost £119 which at a push I just afforded, a new one would have come in at £420k

Why do owner drivers need new ?

JUST ASKING

Should add that I am not looking as an owner driver but looking for own account haulage!!! And as to why new? I want to fix costs, I.e. I want a full r & m contract including tyres while I appreciate that this wont be the cheapest I want the ease of costing against my enterprise and I. Willing to pay for it
James

Thanks for the reply James,
I guess you have looked at just getting an OD to pull your loads.

You can buy and have the asset and still get a r&m fir fixed price

On lease get quote with/without tyres
Ul find it cheaper to go with out tyres provided

Spanky ive ran new and old and for me personally
Mine are bought new and 5 year r&m
Mainly for fixed cost esp in euroland

Have done the costings over the years and works out no cheaper
But if major prob in euro can cost more

A £350 job in uk cost me £1500 in sustria
Alternater in spain £1400

Scania breakdown in spain with tow in repairs was 7000euro
Luckily on r&m