NEW VED tax bands from April 1st

Yes that’s what I meant, I stand corrected.

I got rid of my Rover 75 V6 last year, Beautiful car but the clean air zone signs went up half a mile from me (still under review) & liking it as much as I did there’s no way I would be paying that £735 Band M.

I can’t believe it! 20 odd posts from a so called bunch of drivers and none of you know how Car Tax works? :joy:

Tell your mate his 2002 Rover is going up from £395 to £415 i.e. 5% i.e. inflation. Hardly a reason to sell a car!
As stated in your link, and everywhere that car tax is explained for cars between 2001 and 2017, the top 2 rates don’t apply for cars reg before 23 March 2006. So his Rover is only bank K not M.

No Road Tax* is increasing by more than RPI (*yes I know not the proper name).

1 Like

To be fair that isn’t made very clear in the listings. Could easily miss that footnote of pre 2006.
So if I had the 2007 model of my car the tax is £695 currently and going up to top whack. That actually favours older cars :laughing:

1 Like

Yes I missed that footnote too as did a lot of people looking at other forums.

I’m a bit confused, because they stopped making the mk2 in 1992. Y reg was the first, that they started using emission bands rather than the engine capacity.
Also surely every Disco is paying the +£40K supplement of £390p.a. and the first year could be £2340. So not sure how that ever applied?

as i said old y… it was a 1982 i had it 10 years ago

the persons disco was registered before 2006 so 2014 he would of paid 285 because my car was registered before 2001 i had to pay a flat rate that was more than that

Ahh ok, old old stuff :+1:

You bear a grudge for a long time! :rofl:

i just used to tax it for 6 months over the summer then cash in the remainder and sorn it im lucky enough to have a garage so i could store it safely. But your right it did annoy me at the time.

My XJ12 is an '84 reg MOT exempt this year and VED exempt next year ‘if’ all the 6.0 litre and ITB engine mods and manual box conversion hasn’t busted the regs.
That would be ironic but worth it.