New tyres in short supply

Is anyone else experiencing short supply on tyres? We use all Michelin group products (including Taurus & Kleber) and our local ATS depot (Mansfield) can’t seem to get hold of any stock - and ATS are owned by Michelin!

Their manager (and I have no reason to think he’s BS’ing me) says that Michelin …" have sold every tyre they can produce in Europe". Michelins rep also confirms that tyres in general are getting hard to obtain. It seems that supply to the UK is down the priority list for shipment.

Other manufacturers (e.g. Hankook) are starting to follow suit apparantly

Tried to get some super singles for steer axle last week and was told by ATS there was only 19 michelins of that size in the whole Country :open_mouth: The worst bit was the price had gone from £320 each to £520 each. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Went with a cheaper brand in the end.

Yes, I needed 2 x 225/75R17.5 and after phoning around three dealers in Spalding and our tyre dealer having one tyre in stock, I ended up getting them from Kingway at Retford! According to the manager at our dealer (who also own one of the largest wholesale tyre distributors in the UK) they waited 7 months for a container of tyres to arrive because the container was being held until the price went up!

been trying to get michelin ‘encore’ supersingles for 4 months, just got one last friday.
Local ATS at trafford park has just been re-furbished, think they’re going to re-name it
‘ATS BACK-ORDER’. :laughing:

Glad it’s not just us then !

I’ve not bought that many tyres so far this month, only 385/65 Mich XTE3’s and 295/80 XDE2’s but I’ve not had any problems getting supplied from ATS. Had no problems last month, neither.

ATS have just dropped off one of 235/75 x 17.5’s which has had a major repair - thinking of putting it on Ebay :smiley: :smiley:

my supplier doesnt seem to be having any problems , only yesterday 2 michy 295,s fell off the back of his lorry :laughing: :wink:

Kleber van and truck boots have been in short supply for months.

434mike:
been trying to get michelin ‘encore’ supersingles for 4 months, just got one last friday.
Local ATS at trafford park has just been re-furbished, think they’re going to re-name it
‘ATS BACK-ORDER’. :laughing:

I use an independant tyre company similar story

Shame been a good tyre as super single remoulds go

Having to try something else

Been told today by ATS that Taurus 215/75 x 17.5 are expected in the country in December !!

Had to get 2x Michy remix 215’s for stock now so we’re not caught out.