New tyre prices

How much are you paying for new ( no remoulds ) good brand, Michelin, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Pirelli, 315, 295/80/22.5 tyres?
How many K`s do you expect to get out of them?

I priced some Bridgestone 315/70/22.5 drive tyres up about a month ago and they were £350+vat

Bridgestone steers expect 250,000kms
Bridgestone drives we expect 500,000kms
Not sure of price at mo!

gazwrf:
Bridgestone steers expect 250,000kms
Not sure of price at mo!

That would be exceptionally good going on a mixer.

gazwrf:

What vehicle/work is that on? I got about 130-140000km out of my last set of M729 drives on a Renault 6x2 unit and everyone I have mentioned it to so far is amazed they lasted so well…

When I priced up replacements they were going to be about £380+VAT each, that’s for 295’s. I ended up getting Michelin Remixes instead for £280+VAT.

Paul

That is on trunking and store deliverys.
They are double shifted so don’t really get time to cool down.
The drives get recut at about 380,000 kms

Got Bridgestones all round on my new 8x4 mixer. Second steer is wearing twice as fast as fronts after 35000km. Be lucky to get 1st mot out of them at 50000 in November. Looking for a hard wearing steer tyre to replace them. Any ideas?

mixer driver too:
Second steer is wearing twice as fast as fronts after 35000km. Any ideas?

First thing I would do (if you haven’t already) is get SteerTrak out to check the steering geometry as you should surely get a lot more than 50000km out of a set of decent quality steers.

Paul

repton:

mixer driver too:

First thing I would do (if you haven’t already) is get SteerTrak out to check the steering geometry as you should surely get a lot more than 50000km out of a set of decent quality steers.

Paul

I’ve had the tracking done a while back. The tyres are wearing evenly across both

Have you checked drag-link/tie rods etc. As does sound like somethings causing excessive wear.

I got qouted 355 for b/s 295 drives last week plus 15 each to fit them. 500,000km? Bloody hell!

That must be loaded a bit to charge so little for fitting - I wouldn’t change a tyre for £15 even with a tyre machine.

Own Account Driver:
That must be loaded a bit to charge so little for fitting - I wouldn’t change a tyre for £15 even with a tyre machine.

It’s not far off the going rate, I got a 295 lift axle tyre changed the other week (for one of my own spares, so I wasn’t buying a tyre off them) and they charged me 20quid (plus vat of course).

Paul

repton:

Own Account Driver:

It’s not far off the going rate, I got a 295 lift axle tyre changed the other week (for one of my own spares, so I wasn’t buying a tyre off them) and they charged me 20quid (plus vat of course).

Paul

Would make no sense doing it yourself at that kind of money, a dealer would charge you more than that just to retorque some wheel nuts that were already on there.

Had some prices for 315/80/22.5 bridgestone R297`s. £355 & £385. both + vat
Second steer Bridgestone R297 tyres wont get to 50,000kms. Fronts are only half worn and 2 drive axles are still 75%
My mate has the same truck and his are going the same way. He also has 8x4 Daf and says its the front steer wear twice as fast as 2nd steer.
Anybody got a Renault Lander 8x4 to compare?

mixer driver too:
Had some prices for 315/80/22.5 bridgestone R297`s. £355 & £385. both + vat
Second steer Bridgestone R297 tyres wont get to 50,000kms. Fronts are only half worn and 2 drive axles are still 75%
My mate has the same truck and his are going the same way. He also has 8x4 Daf and says its the front steer wear twice as fast as 2nd steer.
Anybody got a Renault Lander 8x4 to compare?

I’ve got GT steer’s on the front of my unit. There about £205 a piece. On my second set the first set did just over 70,000 kliks on tipper work before them I had savas then Hankooks and they only did about 40,000 for about the same money. The first set of GT’s I put on on 4.10.2011 and took off on 16.6.2012 there was still middlin on them but one had a bad cut in it.

I’ve bought 4 tyres this week - 2x Bridgestone M748 SS at £325 each +vat. A Firestone 315/70/22.5 @ £285+vat and a GT 978+ @ £274+vat.

what they on a 290 renault, or do you push it every where, your not also called lofty are you?

gazwrf:
That is on trunking and store deliverys.
They are double shifted so don’t really get time to cool down.
The drives get recut at about 380,000 kms

i hope thats not an advert mr moderator?

repton:

mixer driver too:

Paul

robbo863:
i hope thats not an advert mr moderator?

Nope, it’s a recommendation from someone who uses their service and has no connection with them other than being a happy customer.

The no advertising rules are there to stop businesses getting free advertising, but if we stopped people recommending things they have used then we would have to stop people saying “I’ve got Bridgestone tyres and they’re brilliant” or “I would recommend you get a Volvo FH”, for example.

Paul