New truckstops

:slight_smile:
express.co.uk/finance/city/4 … ruck-stops

Nice if it happens.

Anyone going to have a fiver on it? :wink:

Good on him! :smiley:

Never knew he owned the hollies.

Visited hollies once will never return. Dump

Went into the hollies this week, only for a coffee and 45. The food I saw looked really good.

the black coffee I had on the other hand was dreadful, had better at KFC…

Dafman:
Visited hollies once will never return. Dump

I said that years ago but relented this week, had a mega brekkie wasn’t bad for 5.50 inc tea

No one says you have to eat their food. But 50 sites for overnight parking shouldn’t be snivelled at.

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … -k.twitter

Interesting

About time too. They need to go on a fact finding trip to Holland or Germany and replicate those, not build a chain of patronising unhealthy dumps like the rest found in this country. Geiselwind, Dasing, Asten etc are the way to go.

Guarantee every one will have a BetFred branch in it, can’t miss an opportunity to part you from your hard earned.

Come on, he isn’t doing this for the good of truckers, he’s doing it for the parking money which, if you have the land and planning is a licence to print money. If I had the money I’d be looking at doing the same. I reckon with the ‘average’ overnight parking charge these days, the cost of the land would be turning a profit within 5 years.

The betting industry veteran says that his team is working on a second motorway services site, which should be up and running before the end of the year.

O rly?

Rob K:
Come on, he isn’t doing this for the good of truckers, he’s doing it for the parking money which, if you have the land and planning is a licence to print money. If I had the money I’d be looking at doing the same. I reckon with the ‘average’ overnight parking charge these days, the cost of the land would be turning a profit within 5 years.

The betting industry veteran says that his team is working on a second motorway services site, which should be up and running before the end of the year.

O rly?

E vry
R ungis
A 6

Scanner:
About time too. They need to go on a fact finding trip to Holland or Germany and replicate those, not build a chain of patronising unhealthy dumps like the rest found in this country. Geiselwind, Dasing, Asten etc are the way to go.

I fully agree with that,very few have any idea how to run a t/stop in the uk.
regards dave.

that will be good if it comes off but according to the government we have enough so they will probably make it difficult for him
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … s-use-them

Scanner:

yes to me asten is the best truck stop iv ever been in.
didnt mind lokeren either to be fair

Brescia truck stop in Italy, a motel for drivers with a discount, huge gym, several restaurants and bars,laundry service, car hire so you can tour the lakes on your 24 or 45 off,fridge in from the mains in the parking,garage to get an oil change done or a grease up,truck wash.
Tapa style snacks, if you miss the main meal times, lots of mini pizzas and pasta dishes to try, if you are on the move and not stopping, tyre dealer.
I have found the choice of food at the Hollies to be very good, and good value, they have daily specials, and do my breky in about half a minute.