new truck

the truck i have bought has a light bar on the top and bottom with the side lights in them , could any one tell me if the laws have changed in spain because when i started doing spain back in the t form days it was illegal to have any secondary light on the front of your truck , i know this is a long time ago so it prob has changed i would just like a bit of reassuring :confused:

this is in wrong place , can the mods move it into eurodriving bit please :slight_smile:

done…Denis F :wink:

I dont know what the rules are now, but when I did Spain the Spanish trucks all had those lit up lights showing the area the truck was from.

I have a switch on my headboard light so I can turn it off in some countries.

I think the one place you will have problems is around Newark though :stuck_out_tongue:

as long as you have a switch to turn the side lights off i thin you should be ok from memory

There was a post on here recently, which I can’t find at the moment, from someone who had been fined in Spain for having the sidelights on in the extra lamps. From memory it was quite a tasty fine as well.

just because i have a dislike of paying fines and i amsure sidelights in spots is illegal in spain i have gone and taken out the sidelight bulbs from the spots so now i can turn the lights on and the spots when i want :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically so long as it is legal in the country of registration of the vehicle then you should have no problems as the vehicle only has to conform to the construction and use regulations of the country in which it is registered.

IT is a shame that the UK doesnot have some thing like what is practised here in Germany ,any add ons to your vehicle either have to have with them a
certificate which shows these legal ,to use and fit on the vehicle in question,
or we have to get the vehicle checked out at the testing station and entered
in the paper work, Try checking C&U regulations for the UK once you have found the answer and it is positive get a COPY and carry it with you,

I got fined many years at Burgos for having the Globetrotter sign in the head board illuminated. I also heard that the people that had a VW LT and Mercedes flatbead and trailers moving Vauhhall bodyshells from Zarrogosa to Luton got fined for not having marker lights on top of their cabs.