New truck

Nice! Are the mirrors just temporary, I think you said you had issues.

Thank you Simon I really liked my old truck and I always try to look after my trucks it’s the way I was bought up,stu679 I ordered it with mirrors as I just thought if you have problems with the camera’s your going to have trouble carrying on with the journey but it has got the Daf corner eye camera but still waiting for the screen to turn up

Professor:
Here is a picture of it stu675

Very smart. Quite agree with you re the fuel, they are very good. Might see you in the dock one day, but I am mainly back in Purfleet now.

Thank you nyk4731 always keep an eye open for you down the dock it would be nice to see you and have a chat again

your 59 …you have at least ten years in you…when you come to 65 ,66,67 ,68 you will not want to finish,When I started as owner driver I was going to finish at 50 .I finished at 68 because I was told I had to get a new truck (mine was still good nick) so I finished but continue part time because I like it.

That’s why I got the new truck fuse, nothing wrong with the old truck except it was euro 5 with this one it buys me a lot more time and gives me a lot more options for when I decide to finish if I do nine years which is my usual time I keep a truck it will have set me up well for retirement or if I have had enough in a couple of years the truck will still be worth something

Professor:
That’s why I got the new truck fuse, nothing wrong with the old truck except it was euro 5 with this one it buys me a lot more time and gives me a lot more options for when I decide to finish if I do nine years which is my usual time I keep a truck it will have set me up well for retirement or if I have had enough in a couple of years the truck will still be worth something

I took delivery of my XG+ at age 63!!

D45C5D0C-2F48-4DA7-8ED9-D64311F003F4.jpeg

Wow! What is the ground clearance on that? I guess it can’t get over any speed bumps? Truck looks great! [emoji41]

Very smart truck nyk4731 and the trl and load is a bit different as well,how are you finding the mirror cams compared to mirrors and do you prefer them?

Professor:
Very smart truck nyk4731 and the trl and load is a bit different as well,how are you finding the mirror cams compared to mirrors and do you prefer them?

Getting used to them, but did have a lot of problems with them, but the Dealer has got them nearly all sorted now. Do struggle to reverse straight with them, but they are very good for a blindside reverse. But I find that as I wear glasses to drive, the offside monitor is too close. Corner view is great, eliminates all blind spots. Have sent you a pm

stu675:
Wow! What is the ground clearance on that? I guess it can’t get over any speed bumps? Truck looks great! [emoji41]

Thanks, was a tad low. Had a play with the ride height, as had to take it into the West End.

nyk473l:
, but they are very good for a blindside reverse.

Wow that’s good to hear. I only drive Mercedes which I hear aren’t as good, but I just abandoned attempting a blindside because I just couldn’t see enough detail. But it was at night, and also a glasses wearer.

stu675:

nyk473l:

Wow that’s good to hear. I only drive Mercedes which I hear aren’t as good, but I just abandoned attempting a blindside because I just couldn’t see enough detail. But it was at night, and also a glasses wearer.

Hi
As you drive a merc, can you tell me if you adjust the cameras up and down? The DAF handbook says they can be adjusted both in and out, and up and down, but in practice, they can only be adjusted in and out. Thanks

nyk473l:

stu675:

nyk473l:

Hi
As you drive a merc, can you tell me if you adjust the cameras up and down? The DAF handbook says they can be adjusted both in and out, and up and down, but in practice, they can only be adjusted in and out. Thanks

Tbh I’ve only adjusted them for the length of my trailer. I think you can adjust them for width. I don’t think you can adjust them for height.
I can try and have a play or look in the manual.
Do you find they’re not right for you? Or just trying to improve?

nyk473l:

stu675:

nyk473l:

Hi

Yes they can be adjusted 4 ways, but it almost instantly tells you it’s wrong if you try to (red symbol appears)

stu675:

nyk473l:

stu675:

nyk473l:

Hi

Tbh I’ve only adjusted them for the length of my trailer. I think you can adjust them for width. I don’t think you can adjust them for height.
I can try and have a play or look in the manual.
Do you find they’re not right for you? Or just trying to improve?

I am trying to improve, as I go down a few country lanes, and with the mirrors you can look in them to check clearance on low branches. With the cameras you can’t. Took a branch off a tree a couple of weeks ago. Luckily it went down the side of the cab.

I finally bought the Kenworth T680 a few months ago from Wallwork Trucks and they sell now several 2019 Kenworth T680 Top Used Trucks & Trailers for Sale in North Dakota at Wallwork

NIOMARVIN83:
I finally bought the Kenworth T680 a few months ago from Wallwork Trucks and they sell now several 2019 Kenworth T680 Top Used Trucks & Trailers for Sale in North Dakota at Wallwork

Congratulations and the very best of luck with her.

Is this you first? What kind of work did/will you do?

How did you decide on a T680 ? Photos?