New truck

Any news on delivery of your XG+? Delivery of mine has slipped back 4 months. It is sat at Leyland, produced, but awaiting components.

I did ask the salesman the other week he did say it should be roughly on time which should be march but every one I know who has ordered one is running late,all I hope is that it is here by may.That said my mate has ordered the old style 106 and his is going to be on time.

Professor:
I did ask the salesman the other week he did say it should be roughly on time which should be march but every one I know who has ordered one is running late,all I hope is that it is here by may.That said my mate has ordered the old style 106 and his is going to be on time.

You may well get yours before I get mine. Hoping to put on road for 01 May, only 5 months late.

As soon as I know the delivery date I will let you know ,let’s hope they are with the wait from what I have heard on the grapevine the fuel figures are beating all expectations

Professor:
As soon as I know the delivery date I will let you know ,let’s hope they are with the wait from what I have heard on the grapevine the fuel figures are beating all expectations

Mine is now sat at the dealers, but can’t have it as there is an issue with the mirror cams.

I’m not really a DAF fan but I must say the colours suit the shape well, you can only hope the improvements will help counter the current fuel prices .

Got the week off this week took my private plate off ready for the new one it should have been here march but to be fair they did not say what year lol I have come to the assumption now that it will get here when it gets here ,must say I do like the way your truck has turned out very smart

nyk473l:

Professor:

Mine is now sat at the dealers, but can’t have it as there is an issue with the mirror cams.

I do like that!

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

Proffessor, im upset we didnt all have a night at the pub and talk about this! Seriously, good luck with the new one when it comes.

Kindle that was one of the best nights down the dock Christmas time a steak and a pint and a load of good friends and I had just ordered the 2nd truck I owned we where going through the pros and cons, I am afraid those days are gone now most have retired or moved on there is only really kipper left who does nights out down the dock out of that group I will just have to learn polish lol we must be talking 16 or 17 years ago

Now at the dealers should be on the road 1st June

Just updating the post,I have had the truck since June 1st and I thought I would give it a little while to see what I really thought of it.The answer is I really like it.It’s a real joy to drive and live in the gearbox was my main worry as I had never had a auto but to be honest I quite like it so much so that if they did offer a manual option I would struggle on what one to have as they both have there good points.I haven’t had a week where my loads have been heavy infact on the whole I have been very lucky with the weights and because of this the average mpg over this time has worked out at 11.1mpg but as said I have been light most of the time with just the odd heavy load and this is worked out on pen and paper and not the trucks computer, so roughly I reckon I am saving between £100 and £200 a week on diesel compared to my old one
The things I do not like on it are the windows do not open far enough for when I am backing up but that said the mirrors are excellent and I wish the middle axle steered which will be an option in the future I understand so on the whole I am very pleased with it glad I chose this over the out going model but time will tell how good it really is but first impressions are very good

I was wondering how you were getting on with it, very pleased you like it. Fingers crossed it be reliable and them fuel figures are pretty good

Simon

Keep us updated please.

Any more pictures? How do the curbside and front mirrors work? (Can’t see them in the pic above). Does the computer say that you get much more mileage than your calculations? Seems low, but only compared to Merc computer.

The mirrors work fine they are really good I have the Daf corner eye on mine but can not tell you how good it is as I am still waiting for the monitor screen to turn up. That actual mpg display is on average about 1 mile per gallon less then it’s actually doing in my time as an owner driver I have owned 3 other Daf and all these read at least 1 mpg more than it was actually doing so this one is a nice change,I will post a picture as soon as I remember how to do it I am on holiday next week so hopefully by the end of the week I will have worked it out.

Professor:
The mirrors work fine they are really good I have the Daf corner eye on mine but can not tell you how good it is as I am still waiting for the monitor screen to turn up. That actual mpg display is on average about 1 mile per gallon less then it’s actually doing in my time as an owner driver I have owned 3 other Daf and all these read at least 1 mpg more than it was actually doing so this one is a nice change,I will post a picture as soon as I remember how to do it I am on holiday next week so hopefully by the end of the week I will have worked it out.

Just checked the truck I use, and only going by the computer, over 70,000 km it says 13 mpg. But then I don’t think it has a hard life hardly pulling a lot of weight, and can average 17 running solo without a trailer. (This is an Actros)

Here is a picture of it stu675

IMG-0466.jpg

Photo from the back

A good looking truck, but your old one always looked clean and tidy when I used to see it about

Simon