New Truck

So just 8 weeks after starting a new job driving a 12 year old wreck of a 7.5 ton truck and 4 weeks after passing my class 2 I’m being given this new 12 ton DAF :sunglasses: can’t wait what for what the boss will me when I pass class 1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2946F92A-84AD-447C-A90C-5A8B0FAEA987.jpeg

Why is your lorry on its side :question:

To keep my lorry clean I bought a large rug/mat or carpet to cover the areas that I was walking over , carpet shops give away free off cuts, then wash them all on a high temperature wash, by the way , that is a nice looking wagon .

ROG:
Why is your lorry on its side :question:

Not sure it’s how it posted and I don’t know how to put it right way up lol

Think ROG has the technology to get it the right way round.

Nice truck btw.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Think ROG has the technology to get it the right way round.

Nice truck btw.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Not a clue how to do it :blush:

Is this a 6 speed auto? I hate those boxes soooooo bad

Hey that’s unfair - I’ve had my class 2 since 2015 and class 1 since 2016, and I get a 15 plate DAF CF artic held together by muck.

Bossssss, I need a word! :smiley:

Just don’t scratch it and you’ll hopefully get a decent upgrade for class 1. Maybe a Volvo 500 or Scania Super V8. Well maybe not quite that good, or I want a job and so do most of Trucknet.

Do they run brand new trucks across the whole fleet? Hope its got a working reversing camera as that’s the biggest problem I always found especially the idiots who park behind you.

trevHCS:
Hey that’s unfair - I’ve had my class 2 since 2015 and class 1 since 2016, and I get a 15 plate DAF CF artic held together by muck.

Bossssss, I need a word! :smiley:

Just don’t scratch it and you’ll hopefully get a decent upgrade for class 1. Maybe a Volvo 500 or Scania Super V8. Well maybe not quite that good, or I want a job and so do most of Trucknet.

Do they run brand new trucks across the whole fleet? Hope its got a working reversing camera as that’s the biggest problem I always found especially the idiots who park behind you.

I drive mostly brand new ones and I only passed my test like a year ago. Hate the 6 speed autos though very much [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive a 63 plate rust bucket.I am not allowed to go near the M25 .The other drivers moan but when new trucks came in they asked for them

WheelsofCardiff:
I drive a 63 plate rust bucket.I am not allowed to go near the M25 .The other drivers moan but when new trucks came in they asked for them

I had similar when I did wholesale ice cream 2006 as 7.5t that were registered after July 2001 had to be limited to 56 mph
I did Southampton and Portsmouth twice a week from Burgess hill so stuck with my knackered M reg Cargo that did 70 mph [emoji16]

Sent from my truck

DSMRookie:

Think so I haven’t actually got it just yet we’re waiting for it to come back from the sign writers lol

[/quote]
Most of the fleet are 5 or 6 years old and unfortunately it doesn’t have a camera I’ll just have to be extra careful :smiley:

DSMRookie:

Dear , Truck
I’m writing this letter to you to ask could you please accelerate so I can get out of this junction
Yours hopefully , Your driver [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my truck

blue estate:

DSMRookie:

Dear , Truck
I’m writing this letter to you to ask could you please accelerate so I can get out of this junction
Yours hopefully , Your driver [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my truck

PS: Move, move, move
Or give me a clutch at least please

DSMRookie:

blue estate:

DSMRookie:

Dear , Truck

Sent from my truck

PS: Move, move, move
Or give me a clutch at least please

That said I have a 12 tonne Atego today with what I’m assuming the same gearbox but much better software. It isn’t half as bad as the one in the Dutch IFA