New to trucknet hi all

:smiley: hi all just saying hi ,i am new to this site and have theory test tommorow for lgvs , only found this site last week wish i had found it sooner anyways hi all has anyone had any experience with ace training as they are my tutors for the class 2 and 1 driving instruction .

lcome to trucknet good luck on your training :smiley:

Hia and welcome from upnorf and good luck on your training
klunk. :smiley:

Welcome to the forum dazzaessexuk.

I totally agree, this forum has been a font of knowledge in my preparing to do class 1.

Ian.

Whereabouts in Essex are you? Don’t Ace operate in the Harlow / Waltham Abbey areas.

Just curious, as there’s not too many Essex bods on here.

hi all i am from tilbury yes ace are at sawbridgeworth ,they were appointed to me as i am on a government training scheme for both class 2 and 1 got theory tommorow at 3 pm , bought all the disks and books getting 33 to 35 out 35 every time :smiley: just hope same happens tommorow :unamused:

passed theory 35 out of 35 on theory and 61 outta 75 on hazard perception :laughing: right whats next hahahaha

dazzaessexuk:
,they were appointed to me as i am on a government training scheme for both class 2 and 1

is that the young driver scheme ?

Congrats on the theory test results :sunglasses:

young driver lol thanks buddy no it was with money from the european monetery fund, took ages to get though but worth the wait.

dazzaessexuk:
young driver lol thanks buddy no it was with money from the european monetery fund, .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was just wondering what the yds scheme involved, thought you might have known - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my daughter is half interested but doesn’t want to have to spend too much time in a classroom doing the NVQ,

but i know there is a lot of money sitting there for training for any carear, ask at local jobcentre mine was through remploy they are an attachment to the job centre.hope this helps

as i am on a government training scheme for both class 2 and 1

You did well to unearth such a thing, I have spent many an hour looking in hope. Do you know whether there is anything for existing Class 2 to go Class 1? I am hoping my firm might put me through so I can cover the lowloader or go wag & drag but if the government pays that’s even better.

i think the only way you can get the money is if you are currently un employed, or at risk of losing your job because of need for retraining , thjat could probably be arranged by the right sort of employer( wink wink) if you know what i mean.
funny thing is i did not know about it either a bosnian lorry driver i was speaking to whilst fishing the sea wall at tilbury told me about it. he was parked up near there for the night and wandered up to see if i had caught anything, needless to say i had better luck with the info than with the fishing . :open_mouth:

just got me training and test date for class 2 start training on 21st of feb and test on sat 24th thought i might get aleast a day without worrying, about the next phase , think i must be getting used to the idea of being a hgv driver started looking at yorkie bars in the newsagents lol .

good luck with the training and tests mate.

many thanks buddy appreciate that

Welcome to TruckNet UK
and well done on the theory
test pass also good luck
with the training :smiley:

Welcome and all the best with your training.

Welcome Dazza and enjoy the training. :smiley:

8wheels:

as i am on a government training scheme for both class 2 and 1

You did well to unearth such a thing, I have spent many an hour looking in hope. Do you know whether there is anything for existing Class 2 to go Class 1? I am hoping my firm might put me through so I can cover the lowloader or go wag & drag but if the government pays that’s even better.

There might be training grant for small businesess, Although a completely different type of thing, some of the lads at our place have been on a CAD training course which was paid for with a grant.