New to trucking

hi guys

im darren aka bigun i’ve been doing recovery for the last few years 7.5 ton till i passed class 2 last year so i have taken a big step and taken a tramping job so what im after is advice like who do i see at services to pay for parking showers what kit ill need cooker fridge

thanks in advance darren

Showers are free ?Whsmiths useually have the keys round here and you need a deposit or your keys iirc

thanks do i pay for parking on services im not sure as never tramped b4

You pay for the parking also in whsmiths…And no deposit to pay.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Look out for signs around the truck park that will tell you how and where to pay. But like said before it is normally in w h smiths. They will ask for your reg, so write it down or remmber that. Take some flip flops for the showers, they are normally disgusting under foot! A small gas cooker will come in handy, just try and stop at a shop before you get to the services.

got a little gas cooker why stop at the shop ?

bigun77:
got a little gas cooker why stop at the shop ?

Food is expensive at services.

Ask your boss to sign up to a Snap account, the driver does not pay out of their own money as it is on account .
Some truckstops are full up by 18.00 so you need to phone them and book a space .
If empty or low value load, and parked in a lay by overnight, open a rear door so robbers can see in .
And won’t cut your curtains .
Always have the fuel tank in view of the roadside .
Industrial estates are free and waking distance to take aways or restaurants .
If driven over tacho hours for a delay beyond your control , such as a road shut, accident or bad weather, you are allowed to go on to get parked up.
Write on the printout the reason and keep it, one for the employer .

:bulb:

Go onto the ‘FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS’ forum,

scroll down a bit and click on the post: ‘NIGHTS OUT - what should i take ?’

:sunglasses:

Another tip is if you park overnight at the services, get that before you go food hunting as some have a food voucher for a couple of quid more. Often £22 parking or £24 for parking and £9 voucher at motorway services. Handy if the boss is paying parking.

Showers mostly seem to be open these days if you can get in them. Best tip in my experience is try after 9pm so everyone else has been in.

One of them jetboil stoves are great. Very compact & you can do a few meals on them. Small enough to keep in the bottom of your bag

thanks all taken on board

Can’t wait to get to this stage. I’d actually enjoy day tramping and will keep away from the missus for a week which is an added bonus hahaha. Enjoy it mate!!!