New to the job and poorly

Hey everyone, I’ve recently started a job and tomorrow will be my 4th weekend at work (I only do fri/sat/sun) but I’m not well at all, not to be graphic but several hours in a truck just isn’t going to happen without me stopping frequently. I really feel bad about letting the company down but I don’t feel I can go in tomorrow. Obviously it puts the company out having to get someone else to do it but can they be mad at me? I wouldn’t normally ask but I know how iffy they can be. Also I’d booked Sunday off so do you think they will be suspicious? Just want to know if it is okay to ring in sick?
Thanks.

Why are you thinking about going sick 24 hours before you’re due to start work? You could be better by then.

Get down the chemist, get some drugs and go to work, four weeks in not the time to pull a sicky!

Yeah I really can’t have a day off already. I’ll just have to plow through, they don’t care about food hygiene really even though they gave me a power point on it saying don’t come in haha. Got 12 hours to feel better :slight_smile:

Bananas, Poorly Soup & Imodium should sort you out.
If you’re sick, you’re Sick, no good trying to concentrate on driving a big truck worrying about looking for a Bog every 10 minutes.
I would call in now & explain what’s occurring, that gives them time to sort another driver out, if you reckon that you are definitely not going in tomorrow.
Try not to make a habit of it, if a pattern starts to develop you ain’t no good as a driver.

I don’t want to call in at all really, I’m never sick and enjoy my work. I don’t want to annoy them or get sacked so soon after starting. I know they are petty about things and will get their own back at me. I’ll just have to man up. Thanks for the advice guys :slight_smile:

I’d go in, then leg it to bog and hopefully get sent home. That way your not to blame

Hey Almost

No one wants to be a that position of being sick, especially when your so new into your job, if your heading down the chemist for stuff…make sure you enquire at the pharmacist desk… wouldn’t wanna get something that will effect your focus or drive ability.
If you got the trots then there’s stuff for that and you can always take spare stuff in case you ■■■■ yourself …if you got a stomach bug… plenty of fluid ( water ) and starve the ■■■■■■ out

Now turn up for work…you should inform them that your not feeling on top form, if they send you home…bonus… if they don’t then its gonna be a cow of a shift but there you have it

The key is to have a clear head, focused and if you taking remedies, take the ones that don’t effect your ability to drive…

End of the day there are other road users you gotta consider…

Maybe four weeks is too early for a sickie BUT a professional driver knows when he or she isnt well enough to drive putting thier and other road users at risk by being “clever” and trying to drive.

Tin hat firmly on.