NEW to CLASS 2

Hello , iv had my class 2 licence for a few months now and i have a digi also. But all the jobs i ask about say you need exsperience :imp: . Does any one no were i could get my foot in the door and start my new career ■■
I live in newcastle upon tyne and i would consider tramping

HELP ME ( LOL)

Many newbies are in the same boat

All you can do is keep knocking on doors with all your kit in the car in case they want you now

mooney123:
HELP ME ( LOL)

Hi mooney123,

As ROG said, there’s lots of new guys in the same boat, but since you asked for help…

I’ve moved your topic to the Newbies’ Forum, where it can be better seen and discussed. :smiley:

Sometimes, I click the wrong forum too. :wink: :blush:

Hi there mooney123!

Welcome onto the forum.

Have you tried registering with as many agencies as you can? This is quite often the way newbies gain experience until such time as a regular permanent job comes up. Once you are out there actually doing the job and talking with other drivers/companies, you could well find yourself being offered other work.

Another excellent thing to do is print off a load of up to date CV’s (make sure you’re CV is good as well! :sunglasses: ) and copies of your licence. Then actually travel around all the transport companies you can find. Start off with the best/nearest first, then work your way around them all. I don’t think it will be long before you get given a chance if you present yourself well and show you are very keen and able to do the job. Make sure you actually get to see the guy (or gal! :laughing: ) in charge. If they’re not available, go back when they are.

Good Luck with it mate and don’t give up! :sunglasses:

PS. Let us know on this thread how you get on.

Try your local recycling depot , a lot of newbies have found a start on the bins , its not hard work early starts but early finishes , round here the start time is normally around 0600 and if you get a good crew can normally be finished around 1100 , and they dont pay too bad either , :bulb:

The only thing you can do is as previously suggested, get out and about seeing companies.

I know it’s a pain having zero experience and can’t get a job. No doubt certain parts of the country differ from new passes getting work.

Make a big a large pile of CV’s and deliver them personally. Print your drivers licence, digi card, and CPC card - and any other info you can give i.e. ADR, HIAB, FLT - on a sheet of paper together with your CV. After you’ve dropped off the first few you’ll get an idea of what to say and how to approach them.

Make a list of twenty (or whatever) companies you want to visit and give them a quick ring asking who’s in charge of HR. Then visit personally and ask for that person.

Someone told me when writting a CV. It’s better to have less “I” 's in it - and more “I” 's looking at it. :confused:

Get your foot in the door literally always best to go see company’s in person and ask to speak to the transport manager or the guy in charge, try local skip company’s road sweepers anything… Me personally I wouldn’t want to look through cvs all day unless it something special its going to end up in the bin go sell yourself with your personality, might catch a tm on a good

macci:
…Someone told me when writting a CV…

Is that anything like writing one? :laughing: