New TN "Help" function available

I am under the impression the old timers section stalwarts seem to have adopted to the new look new software better than some of the younger membersā€¦

Iā€™m pleased to see there are those ā€œold timersā€ (not sure how old you need to be to qualify for that label) who have persevered and are gleefully posting away. The forum needs a blend of the old and the new.

Those younger ones who havenā€™t stayed the course have probably been seduced by Insta, Tik Tok, Twitch, and other platforms where you just post a video of yourself, rather than having to type out all these pesky words.

FB still makes me laugh: people post ā€œyaā€ to save the effort of the extra letter needed to say ā€œyouā€, then add a pointless seventeen emojis to a five-word post.

I joined Instagram simply to keep in touch with Franā€™s only family member who was willing, or able, to keep in touch but she thinks sheā€™s still on FB

Couldnā€™t find her so forgot about it and this morning got an alert. All it was was loads of people I donā€™t know posting videos of themselves. I shut it down again.

1 Like

Itā€™s funny you know,.Iā€™ve never thought of myself as an ā€˜old timerā€™, even if to some I must be.
I aint started dressing like my Dad yet at least.:smile: and on posirive side I am very often told I look younger than I actually am.
My two lads say ā€˜By the time you start realising and acting your age Dad it will be too bloody lateā€™ā€˜ā€¦they mean it in a nice way btwā€¦I think.:joy:
Been out for a few pints with one of my lads and his mates a couple of tines,.and he tells me they sayā€¦ā€˜Whereā€™s yer Dad tonight, you should bring him out with us more often,.heā€™s a good laughā€™ā€™ which I take as a compliment.
Maybe they are just being politeā€¦who knows.:smile:
I really do need to curb myself sometimes in potential confrontations with younger and fitter blokes,.as in my head Iā€™m still 30.:roll_eyes:
In fact one of my mates same age still works ā€˜on the doorsā€™,.Iā€™ve told him, I lost interest in all that cack when they started supplying stab vests to door staff ffs .:flushed:
Anyway my Mrs keeps me in check if I overstep the mark when we are out, she reminds me.:joy:ā€¦she hates any confrontation.

As for the teccy side of lifeā€¦not too great, but I get by on a what I need to know only basisā€¦itā€™s more a case of lack of interest rather than lack of ability.

My Dad who is now 86 and looks nowhere near that incidentally, (an ex submariner who can still swim a few lengths of tge baths )is really tech savvy, and self taught,.so I think age has very little to do with it tbh.

Facebook?..Not on it.
Number of reasons, low tolerance of d/heads for starters, but also I led an ā€˜activeā€™ younger life as a resident holiday camp DJ, last thing I need is somebody looking me up, and a 35 ish something knocking on my door sayingā€¦ā€˜Dadā€™? :worried::joy:

Tick tock? Not a scooby, sound of a clock as far as I know.
Instagram?..nah.

So really Trucknet is my only form of social media,ā€¦ and I dont even come on that as often since the advent of the new format, unless something that floats my boat comes up on itā€¦or to wind up.and argue with my old mate Frangers.:joy:

Robroy, the epitome of the old adageā€¦
Growing old is compulsory,
Growing up, optional. :rofl: :wink:

Yep, nice one.:joy:
The thing with me is my mind still thinks Iā€™m 30, but my body thinks my mind is an effin idiot.:joy:

You think you might be old? Have a thought for me, only 4 years younger than your Dad. :astonished: :rofl:

If you are anything like my Dad, it shouldnt bother you.
Even I wouldnt tangle with him.:joy:

Sounds like I am then, as it doesnā€™t. Apart from the knees every time I get up from this chair, with 2 lively dogs to walk I get plenty of exercise. :joy: