new tipper job..............

finally i have found new job after 3 week of looking, instead of agency work which is decent cash but just not alot of work around at the min.
start for hargreves in durham on mon tipper driving, this is a first for me on the tippers so any tips you may have feel free to air then. :sunglasses:

Ive worked on the ejectors for them [on agency], I found them to be a decent firm to work for, they are pretty good on the training / H+S stuff.

The full timer`s seemed to be happy aswell.

But, it was on a contract which ran itself, a long way from mission control, it may be different closer to home…

gonna be down the road most of the time so wont be at the depot that much but always at the end of the phone i suppose. they shoud be ok from what i can tell and from the staff i spoke to but happy days for now proper money coming in and regular too…

pedster:
gonna be down the road most of the time so wont be at the depot that much but always at the end of the phone i suppose. they shoud be ok from what i can tell and from the staff i spoke to but happy days for now proper money coming in and regular too…

Enjoy it, good luck…

watch that you are on even ground when you have the box going up or you will be over :astonished: and if its an artic try to have the unit and trailer in line :smiley: enjoy your new adventure :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t forget to switch off the PTO before you drive off the site… :wink:

If as others have said they’re good on training you’ll get this drummed into you, but just in case… ALWAYS check for overhead power lines or other obstacles when you’re tipping, not just where you up-end but also anywhere you might go with the body even slightly raised.

hargreaves are a good lot to work with , my family haul coal for them on immingham docks, the only downside is getting the polish to understand but they are fairly harmless,

if you’re not sure when tipping,get somebody to watch you,they will have a better view from outside. :slight_smile:

when dropping your trailer dont forget to uncouple the hydrolic hose :laughing: it is easy to forget :astonished: :astonished: i know :blush: :blush:

icky:
when dropping your trailer dont forget to uncouple the hydrolic hose :laughing: it is easy to forget :astonished: :astonished: i know :blush: :blush:

and me done it twice on my last firm both in a week :blush: :blush: :blush:

will have to remeber that one the hydrolic hose cause bound to forget at least once :laughing: oil every where like a fountain, pto, flat ground, and truck straight i kind of new about same as car transporter i use to drive. cheers for all your coments all greatly received… :sunglasses:

and if its an artic and your carrying dust , make sure thats its all come out before you drive away !!!
it can be a swine for a few tonne sticking up the front

timbeeerrrrrrr !! :laughing:

My mate lasted 3 days, said they were crap to work for £300 a week too for 60 hours

it’s a doddle, Like has been said
Make sure you’re on even ground, and your loads been loaded evenly. Some shovel drivers like to put all the load on one side of the body.
If this is the case be very carefull, experience will tell you whether you have to get in the back with the shovel or not.
Hargreaves run mainly Freuhauf trailers, probably one of the safest tippers on the market, so with a bit of care you should be ok.
When you’re tipping coal etc on stock heaps, as the load moves back, it takes the weight off your drive axle but it also gives you a bit of a push, so if you’re tipping on stable tip up almost to the top, easy forward slightly to stop your tailgate sticking into the heap, then tip right to the to the top, and move smoothly forward.
Oh and make sure you undo all the twist locks, I know the fitters at Esh, and they’ve heard all the ‘the twist lock must have swung back round’ lines (they don’t)
Oh 2 Try and tip in a straight line if possible, you lose a massive amount of stability if you tip with your unit at an angle.
and last and the best piece of advice I can give Don’t be afraid to ask

cheers guys info taken in bring on monday… :sunglasses:

Hope you have better first week than I did :blush: trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29603

And if it ever (but hopefully doesn’t) go over - stay in the cab and push back hard onto the steering wheel to keep you in the seat :blush:

always use your easysheet or whatever system on trailer especially when on aggregate work,& brush off tailgate when tipped,this will then ensure you have no loose stone etc left on back to bounce off when going down the road… cracked screen last week due to debris bouncing off tipper in front of me,even though i was couple of lorry lengths behind,£600 for new screen for me magnum (owner driver),usually find 8 wheel muckaway lorrys the worst offenders for this…