New tacho

Hi just had a new truck with 1.4 tacho when I do manual entries in morning is it best to select break or ? To account for daily rest.
Thanks rob

Select bed mode.

Select rest for times when you’ve been on rest, select ? for times that cannot be accounted for on the digital tachograph.

For instance if you did a shift with an analogue tachograph, when you next inserted your driver card you could not legally say you’d been on rest since the end of the last shift on a digital tachograph, so you would record that time with ?.

Thanks for your replies I have been putting it on rest between shifts good to know I was doing right

tachograph:
Select rest for times when you’ve been on rest, select ? for times that cannot be accounted for on the digital tachograph.

For instance if you did a shift with an analogue tachograph, when you next inserted your driver card you could not legally say you’d been on rest since the end of the last shift on a digital tachograph, so you would record that time with ?.

We’re told to selcet ? for rest at Turners as bed is for break and not rest, never had a come back or infringement on it, I think both are accepted.

NewLad:

tachograph:

We’re told to selcet ? for rest at Turners as bed is for break and not rest, never had a come back or infringement on it, I think both are accepted.

I can only tell you that both the Siemens and Stoneridge instruction manuals show ? as as time that is unaccounted for and both show manual entries showing the bed symbol used for daily rest periods.

Article 15 - (EEC) No 3821/85 clearly says that the bed symbol should be used for both breaks and daily rest periods.

I doubt that any analysis software would pick up on the ? symbol being used for rest periods because the software would have no idea why the ? symbol was used.

I think a lot of people think the ? symbol is correct for rest periods because that’s what is shown on a type 1 digital tachograph if the card is withdrawn and no manual entry made for the rest period, as is the common and accepted practice on type 1 tachographs.

tachograph:

NewLad:

tachograph:

I can only tell you that both the Siemens and Stoneridge instruction manuals show ? as as time that is unaccounted for and both show manual entries showing the bed symbol used for daily rest periods.

Article 15 - (EEC) No 3821/85 clearly says that the bed symbol should be used for both breaks and daily rest periods.

I doubt that any analysis software would pick up on the ? symbol being used for rest periods because the software would have no idea why the ? symbol was used.

I think a lot of people think the ? symbol is correct for rest periods because that’s what is shown on a type 1 digital tachograph if the card is withdrawn and no manual entry made for the rest period, as is the common and accepted practice on type 1 tachographs.

I’ll start using bed from now on then lol