New Tacho card question,

Hi everyone sorry if this seems a daft question to you but here goes

received my new tacho/driver card today and reading thru ,card will only start working from date shown ,When driving I mainly drive night shifts and wondered what happens at the midnight hour if using my old card when start, will it spit out tacho at midnight as is no longer valid and if it does what if driving at time or do I wait for break then take out old tacho and put in new one , or will it just carry on recording then become invalid on removal at end of shift so then go to new card on next shift ■■?

Jx

I think you need to have a break at midnight and change your card over.

Cheers tachograph ,
jx

it should run through till end of shift if its inserted before midnight

nick2008:

Not sure about that - I think it has cropped up on here before. IIRC the tacho will indeed start flashing at midnight and spit out the card.

Roymondo:

nick2008:

Not sure about that - I think it has cropped up on here before. IIRC the tacho will indeed start flashing at midnight and spit out the card.

Yep. It will spit card out as soon as you are stationary. Also remember it’s UTC so at the moment it will be at 1am nor 12:00.

m1cks:

Roymondo:

nick2008:

Yep. It will spit card out as soon as you are stationary. Also remember it’s UTC so at the moment it will be at 1am nor 12:00.

well blow me mine has never done that in time I’ve had new cards

Cheers guys well if occurs print out time me thinks lol

nick2008:

m1cks:

Roymondo:

nick2008:

I daresay you’ve only had one reach its expiry date a couple of times though - they’ve only been in use for 10 years or so and each one lasts 5 years. In order to experience this you would have to be working nights (or at least, to have your digicard in a tacho head overnight) on the day that the card expired.

Roymondo:

nick2008:

m1cks:

Roymondo:

nick2008:

I daresay you’ve only had one reach its expiry date a couple of times though - they’ve only been in use for 10 years or so and each one lasts 5 years. In order to experience this you would have to be working nights (or at least, to have your digicard in a tacho head overnight) on the day that the card expired.

Only happened to me once and I was working nights. Had this discussion with a driver trainer who wasn’t sure either so I just parked up a few minutes before. As soon as it hit 12 (UTC) the card ejected without me touching the unit.