New starter, saying hello!

Afternoon all!

I’ve been thinking about a career change for a while, after having worked in IT for nine years I’m starting to go a bit mad, what with looking at the same four walls every day and tapping on a computer.

Always had thoughts about driving lorries - I’ve driven vans before and always enjoyed it. Finally decided a couple of months ago (at the grand old age of thirty!) that I was going to go for it, so I’ve decided to go with Peter Smythe to do my C and CE courses.

Theory test, hazard perception and CPC 2 on the 12th January, and hopefully I’ll get my Class 2 and be a high-viz limper for a few weeks before coming back to do my Class 1. :laughing:

Cheers!

Steve

Excellent choice of trainer - well done!!!

Seriously, any questions, fire away.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Nice…
I’m 35 been a chef 20yrs and doing the career change thing!
Also using Peter Smythe, good luck fella and enjoy.

Welcome to the forum pal, I’m ex IT as well…
Best of luck with your limp, I went for the left leg! :smiley:

Welcome! - I’m in the same boat as you, leaving IT as completely fed up of it…

Good luck with the training :slight_smile:

fed up with IT as well… :unamused: :laughing:

Hi I’ve passed my theory multiple choice and hazard perception. Just got to do CPC test. I was going to book my training with J Coates (I am based in south bucks). I was wondering if you guys know if they are a good provider. Also everywhere I seem to read say a lot of negative things about being a trucker is it really all bad? I really enjoy driving. I was wondering once I get my licence where can I find a decent well paid job? What sort of starting salary can a newly qualified driver make and are companies willing to employ new drivers? Thanks