New start !!!

Thinking of starting up on my own , I no what you’re going to say but anyway let’s ask first , I need a waste carriers licence so how much will this cost also they asked me what rate ? What rate , can’t even imagine how much to ask anybody no, is it how much per mile or kilometre.

Nigel lewis smith:
Thinking of starting up on my own , I no what you’re going to say but anyway let’s ask first , I need a waste carriers licence so how much will this cost also they asked me what rate ? What rate , can’t even imagine how much to ask anybody no, is it how much per mile or kilometre.

Waste carrier license is about £50,000

Ok so its not but its not ■■■■■■■ hard to go on the enviroment agency website and find out which tier your operation falls into and get the price for it :unamused:

chaversdad:

Nigel lewis smith:

Its just a bit more complicated than how much per mile,.,
You need to know all of your costs completely or you will not get anywhere, If you PM me I will run through a simple form of how to work out your costing’s.

For 150 miles I get £ 600 for a waste carrier’s load.

I do not want to be rude .
However if you have no idea of how to run a company or have a cpc licence or know what to charge for a service you will be supplying how the hell do you expect it to work !
Customers do not throw money at you and are hard to find ( well ones that pay properly on time are ) .
Give up the idea now before you waste valuable time and effort , you are 30 years to late to get into haulage at a self employed level and make a decent living.

The licence is one cost, but there is sooooooooooooo much more to take into consideration.

Operators licence
Insurances
Third party insurance
Operating costs
Start up costs
Some where to park the unit
Customer base
Advertising
Marketing
Waste collection and disposal licences
On going fees
Pricing structures
Internet presence
Communications costs
Accountancy costs
VAT
Invoicing and debt collections
Late payment issues
Cashflow
Profit and lose forecasts
Bank and loan costs
Is there a gap in the market for you and why?
How are you going to get customers on board
Ongoing service contracts
Who is going to get your business in if you are driving?
Legal fees
Business plan
Who will answer the phone when you are deep in the dirty business
Will the banks lend the money
How much money do you have towards the start up?
How long do you need to be running before you even make a profit to start paying your self

Just a few thing to focus your mind… It is worth looking into it all an doing a business plan as an educational exercise IMHO

Thanks for replies I do have managers c.p.c and plenty of experience in driving and being away all week it’s just making that brave move especially that I have good job at the moment