New Start Tommorow?

I finished me last day today, and have to go and see someone tommorow for a new job on boxes. They were advertising for local, but I told them Id be looking for 4 at least, preferbly 5 out a week to make it worth me while, as its a long jog from home to there. They seemed keen to help. Also, I told them I jacked me last job because of daft early start times, and wont be wanting any such daftness again. Anyway, surprisingly, they want to see me tommorow. So, fingers crossed. The basic is about £85 a week better, but the motors are mega sheds, (the ones ive seen anyway) But, I dont mind that if they look after me OK. :slight_smile:

Mal.

good luck with it mal, tone…

cheers Tone!

Good luck Mal, hope everything goes ok

Sam

Cheers Sam, I will make sure I get everything dead straight with them this time, and if after laying it on the line straight, they still want me, chocks away! :slight_smile:

Mal.

Good Luck Mal, hope you get what you want
Trev :slight_smile:

Mega shed motors ? In Cannock area ? On boxes ?

That’s gotta be T.Baker’s or Bowmur’s surely ? :astonished:

Brgds

Speedy

mal,
maybe you’d like to look at the drivers vacancies forum■■?

paul

Well, What a turn of events today! I went over to Oldbury for the interview, and it turned out all they could gaurantee me was 2-3 out a week, being as its a bad drive back up that M6 every night, I thnaked the geezer for being honest, and said I cant do it. The place looked like it had a good atmosphere, and though the wagons wouldnt be me first choice, I would have started if it was out all week gauranteed.

Next off, I get back to cannock, and think, where might I blag a cuppa and a natter? First place was desreted, then I rememberred Raymonds was after trampers, so off I went to their yard. Tha manager wernt in, and they asked me to call in to see him at 9 on Mon. I talked to a tramper there, he said pick up just under £500 for the week out is possible.

Next thing, I spy a wagon way off down the yard with a name I recognise on the front. I thought it was a mate of mine Mickey Thompson, so I drove down for a look, he wernt there, it was his driver washing off. So Im one for a natter so it goes on. Next thing, another mate of mine appears from behind his truck, and to cut a long story shorter, says why dont you come and work for me? I didnt know he had a lorry for me. he’s taking me out Mon, and Tues to get to grips with the crane, ive done it for over five years, but that was 8 years ago! No sweat, and after that im on the Foden Alpha space cab! :slight_smile: Nice I thinks, £500 gauranteed (top line) and a chance to earn more, out all week, and the best, Im getting a brand new Daf 85 CF space cab next month, and a brand new trailer! Knock me down with a feather :slight_smile:

Mal.

Thanks for everyone that posted for luck!

Not Bowmur, I just left there, No, the other firm is in Oldbury:)

Cheers Flatbed, I got sorted now.

Mal.

Mal,

Hope you get on ok on Monday, and that this job is a bit better suited to what you are after.

Lee

Cheers Lee, to be honest Im chuffed to bits with it, in fact it all seems too good to be true. But thats likely because Ive nearly always had rubbish jobs and motors too, the best I ever had was me own, and this is the same job, but without the being-gaffer-hassles I didnt deal with well! I cant wait to get at it, Im gonna make him glad he asked me to work for him, and yes, even do earlies… not 3 am mind you! I told him that :wink:

Mal.

Well done Mal, same as you rubbish job’s/ motors, but hopefully Monday will have a new job Two Interviews should get them both :smiley: just hope the money is ok.

I hope your luck changes for the better too Dafman and you get a good job Monday. The only thing im worried about is there dont seem anything to worry about…its a new experience for me! Being used to be treated like a rubbing rag would do that over time I spose, fingers crossed, for both of us!

Mal.

Dafman… Are you still with Salvesons■■? Where are your two interviews?? From a fellow Rossendaleian!

Hi mal,
looks like christmas has come early for you.

good luck with the new job.

Allgood comes to those that wait

Good luck with the new job

Best of luck Lee

See you about