New speed limit in Dundee

Just to let everybody know that as of tomorrow 09/02/15 the speed limit on the Kingsway in Dundee changes from 50mph to 40mph between the Tesco/Toys r us retail park and the Forfar Road Junction. No doubt the camera vans will be out in force.

To me that is a pointless change in limit :confused:

80% of Edinburgh is going to be changed to 20mph in the next few years!

Edinburgh is run by idiots. Complete anti car / vehicle

Mainzer:
Just to let everybody know that as of tomorrow 09/02/15 the speed limit on the Kingsway in Dundee changes from 50mph to 40mph between the Tesco/Toys r us retail park and the Forfar Road Junction. No doubt the camera vans will be out in force.

That sounds bloody ridiculous and pointless to me, anybody would think it was to raise revenue. :unamused:
It’s probably been thought up by the same ■■■■■■ that designed that needlessly tight arsed round about at the new Asda, or him who put up the height barriers at the old Timex site preventing you turning around when you go for a coffee at Maccy D’s. …AND I bet the wonker is on about 40 grand a year. :smiling_imp:

I was along there last week,traffic had already been disrupted because of a fatal incident near Brechin.As the road is a dual there is no need for a reduced speed limit apart from raising revenue.

ooo thats gonna catch a few out

they dont just have camera vans they were trialing a hand held camera they can just hang out the window of an unmarked car the other month works stationary or moblie so be very carefull .it was parked just through the lights after the forfar junction a couple of months ago

Latique:
they dont just have camera vans they were trialing a hand held camera they can just hang out the window of an unmarked car the other month works stationary or moblie so be very carefull .it was parked just through the lights after the forfar junction a couple of months ago

tayside cops were always keen

robroy:

Mainzer:

That sounds bloody ridiculous and pointless to me, anybody would think it was to raise revenue. :unamused:
It’s probably been thought up by the same ■■■■■■ that designed that needlessly tight arsed round about at the new Asda, or him who put up the height barriers at the old Timex site preventing you turning around when you go for a coffee at Maccy D’s. …AND I bet the wonker is on about 40 grand a year. :smiling_imp:

I was led to believe that the reduction in speed limit is due to the crossing just before the next roundabout Eastbound. It’s a public right of way so must be available to use, although there is a big flyover nearby. So I overheard anyway.

And the ASDA roundabout is bad but I think the ones on the a92 are worse, you are aiming for the centre of the roundabout on approach, pointless layout for a system that was introduced to keep traffic flowing

■■■■!!! Does that mean I will need to come off the limiter■■?

Pointless… although I have only ever traveled this road late night and early mornings, is it bad during the day or something?

The whole of the inside of West Bromwich is 20mph now. Coming soon to a town near you :grimacing:

So
A. How far – is the distance from point A to point B of the lower limit
B. How much time is going to be lost
C. does it really matter …

D. nice for the heads up though which is more useful… even though I go Nowhere near it :wink:

Latique:
they dont just have camera vans

Yes, they do, and they often work in pairs !

Ive come through today and its still 50 , the 40 signs are covered up

nick2008:
So

D. nice for the heads up though which is more useful… even though I go Nowhere near it :wink:

A… Not far
B… not much
C… Yes, try explaining to my manager why the Aberdeen runs are 3 mins late back… They have only just got used to us sitting at 50 on the A9 rather than 52
D… Yes, very nice for the warning mate, I’d probably have just went up at 50 not noticing then new signs… complacency killed the cat lol

G6Bob:

nick2008:
So

A… Not far
B… not much
C… Yes, try explaining to my manager why the Aberdeen runs are 3 mins late back… They have only just got used to us sitting at 50 on the A9 rather than 52
D… Yes, very nice for the warning mate, I’d probably have just went up at 50 not noticing then new signs… complacency killed the cat lol

:grimacing:

G6Bob:
C… Yes, try explaining to my manager why the Aberdeen runs are 3 mins late back… l

:open_mouth:You have to account for 3 minutes, Are you being serious, :open_mouth: , your tm sounds a bit of a ■■■■, if it was me I’d be looking for another job :unamused:
What is his policy for you stopping for a ■■■■ ffs, do you need written permission.