NEW SPEED CAMERAS ???

or a load of tosh ■■?
saw a pic of this on facebook ( yeah, I know, I need to get a life)
is it a wind up or a possibility ■■?
they are supposed to be testing them in Nottingham area.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … 008&type=1

new speed cameras.jpg

Looks interesting, you won’t need a stepladder to reach up to put the tyre full of diesel over it now.

Should it not be yellow■■?

I saw that before somewhere in Europe… It might be just the pic not from UK.

So where are the confirmation road markings ? looks more like discrete anpr possibly evo or rapier, hope the roadside bushes dont grow too quick :smiley: :smiley:

Thats not the UK the Armco is the wrong shape
cheers
Steve

Done some looking around the pics and cameras are Australian - so the facebook poster is full of crap -
aussieexotics.com/photo/?pic=626 … tc&pstr=PA
cheers
Steve

I did a tineye search on the image.
None of the results were in English. So still none the wiser.
tineye.com/search/afb61a5c20 … order=desc

gm:
Thats not the UK the Armco is the wrong shape
cheers
Steve

Done some looking around the pics and cameras are Australian - so the facebook poster is full of crap -
aussieexotics.com/photo/?pic=626 … tc&pstr=PA
cheers
Steve

Agree. That broken white line in the centre of the road opposite is also to long.
If it is a speed camera, why would they instal something so expensive into something more easily regularly damaged?
Dont make alot of sense in my eyes.

orys:
I saw that before somewhere in Europe… It might be just the pic not from UK.

Yeah, I think I’ve seen those in Europe before now. Maybe Belgium…

To me it looks more like something that could possibly be used for traffic flow data/management rather than checking vehicle speed.

Trukkertone:
or a load of tosh ■■?

Almost certainly I’d say, and “tosh” is putting it politely.

Sneaky sods

Bud143:
Should it not be yellow■■?

When David Blunkett was home secretary in this country, he decreed that all cameras be painted yellow. That rule no longer applies.

I wrote to the chief constable of Northumbria just after that ruling by Blunkett was made, stating that his gaffer had issued an act of Parliament saying that all cameras were to be visible and his weren’t. Not long after, every camera in his area was yellow. :grimacing:

Ken.

I seem to remember that they only had to be yellow if the authority wanted to used the income generated, otherwise it went into Treasury coffers.

How would Blunkett know if they were yellow, unless someone told him.

Sapper

Best collection of speed cameras :smiley:

speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

Keep to the speed limits guy’s…no worries.

just about the right height to er umm Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on :grimacing:

The clue of its location is in the picture… The barrier joints are overlapped the wrong way for it to be on a british road. The way they are overlapped shows it is on a road where they drive on the right.

iDriver:
The clue of its location is in the picture… The barrier joints are overlapped the wrong way for it to be on a british road. The way they are overlapped shows it is on a road where they drive on the right.

Well spotted that man, you win errrr sod all!

I do believe it is from holland, they also hide them in wheelie bins too.