New Speed Cameras M6

Hello All

Just thought I’d let you all know (if you don’t already) that there are some new speed cameras on the M6 between Corley services and Junction 4 in both directions

They are there for the roadworks which are due to start on the 30th August and they are the average speed cameras so they get you over about half a mile

Watch Out :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Are they trying to stop those mine shafts subsiding again? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:
Are they trying to stop those mine shafts subsiding again? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

God Knows

Whatever it is, its going to take 7 weeks!!! :open_mouth:

Thet are also installing Specs Cameras on the M62 into Liverpool, can’t say about the outbound carriageway, as I’m usually in hurry to get out of the place. :smiley:

John

Roadworks are going up at 40mph. Apparently they’re moving away from the fixed location ones because they know drivers speed up and slow down for them.

The new M6 J3>4 cameras are bright yellow and are interspaced with dome 360’ CCTV cameras. Don’t know when they were put up, but only noticed them a few days ago…

Shows how observant I am!!! :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

smeserver:
The new M6 J3>4 cameras are bright yellow and are interspaced with dome 360’ CCTV cameras. Don’t know when they were put up, but only noticed them a few days ago…

Shows how observant I am!!! :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

They went up last Wednesday and Thursday Night :open_mouth:

Ahh, I see… Last time I was there was last weekend and hadn’t seen them then :frowning:

I’m not losing it, honest! :blush: :blush:

These cameras are now in operation, both directions

The limit is 40 mph, (way too slow)

There are three cameras in each direction, so don’t go past two thinking thats it and put your foot down as the last one will get you,

They are average speed cameras measuerd between the two points so you can’t speed up and slow down as it will get you,

They don’t flash, you just get a fine in the post

Please be careful as i went up there this morning bang on 40 mph and sixty six cars overtook me and disapeared into the distance, guess thats sixty six more fines and points!!!

And before you ask 40 is that slow that i had chance to count every vehicle that passed me,

Also to the two BMW drivers that shot up the hill at must have been 80 all I can say is

GUTTED!!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

M6 south the first camera is between junction 4 and the slip road to rejoin the M6 near the toll road part and the last is right at the top of the hill

M6 north the first camera is right on the brow of the hill about 5-6 miles from past corley services and the last one is right at the bottom of the hill in front of one of the sign gantrys, (so not easy to spot)

Hope this info keeps you all out of trouble!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: