:open_mouth: :unamused:

usual answer will be…don’t speed :unamused:
not everyone can get it right 100% of the time, me included :wink:

Pimpdaddy:

martinviking:
I know how to beat speed camera’s !

How…?

It’s a Secret !

You put stick some CDs on along the bottom of your windscreen. Makes you invisable to all kind of detection, it’s what they do with stealth bombers.

neilg14:
I’m very surprised that the number is only 700 in 2 months, that only averages 11/12 a day.

Makes it a bit of a non story then, seems the only people that moan about speed cameras are them that are caught.

weeto:

neilg14:
I’m very surprised that the number is only 700 in 2 months, that only averages 11/12 a day.

Makes it a bit of a non story then, seems the only people that moan about speed cameras are them that are caught.

I think for them to have only caught 700 in two months on such a busy section of motorway they’ll be set at well above the speed limit and the ACPO guidelines.

Hugh Bladon, one of the founder members of the Alliance of British Drivers said
“In France, for example, if they need to slow traffic down for a particular junction or nasty bend they bit up a great big sign, miles before the camera.”

I don’t think Mr Bladon has spent a lot of driving in France recently, cameras tend to be small and painted grey and the police are very fond of setting up hidden speed traps and sometimes they have several on one stretch of road.

NB12:
You put stick some CDs on along the bottom of your windscreen. Makes you invisable to all kind of detection, it’s what they do with stealth bombers.

Gadzooks !
You’ve given away one of my secrets.

gezt:

dri-diddly-iver:

Pimpdaddy:
How…?

:open_mouth: :unamused:

usual answer will be…don’t speed :unamused:
not everyone can get it right 100% of the time, me included :wink:

My counter argument is this though…you don’t need to get it right or even close to not get caught.

ACPO guidelines as stated in the article say not to fine unless you’re exceeding 79MPH. Car speedos typically overread about 10% so 79MPH real speed is going to be up to 87MPH indicated on the speedo. So given this information and the fact most people go on what their speedo says, most people aren’t going to be getting caught. So whilst you may go over the limit on your speedo a bit, you’d have to be in the “really trying to take the mick” realms going by your speedo to actually end up with 3 points and a fine.

muckles:
I don’t think Mr Bladon has spent a lot of driving in France recently, cameras tend to be small and painted grey and the police are very fond of setting up hidden speed traps and sometimes they have several on one stretch of road.

They are however they still have bloody great signs telling you how far away the cameras are.