New smart cameras

New high…

Shutter speed cameras that generate pin sharp images are being trialled somewhere on a UK motorway apparently. Artificial intelligence will then judge which pictures might be breaking the law. A team of human moderators then flag anyone they judge to have broken the law and send out the NIP.

msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/new … d=msedgntp

My money say’s they will pass the trail with flying colours and be rolled out everywhere.

Welcome to the future fellow drivers/cash cows.

No doubt by a team of human moderators they mean one guy working a 8 hour shift 3 days a week.
It’s how they always work. They send out fines without being checked and its down to the person recieving the fine to point it that the number plate is wrong or that it is completely impossible for your 0.8L Fiat Panda to do 90mph.

Watched an episode of top Gear with Clarkson .
They were driving through China.
And he pointed out there’s cameras all over than can spot.if.your.not wearing a seatbelt eating etc.
Obv been tried and.tested there now.coming here.
I do feel sorry for the government in a way. As they have to try and get back the billions spent on COVID. They are raising taxes etc next year.
Now there hitting the motorist with thses cameras and congestion clean air zones etc.
They have to claw back the money somehow and motorists are an easy target

edd1974:
And he pointed out there’s cameras all over than can spot.if.your.not wearing a seatbelt eating etc.
I do feel sorry for the government in a way. As they have to try and get back the billions spent on COVID. They are raising taxes etc next year.
Now there hitting the motorist with thses cameras and congestion clean air zones etc.

Ye I agree. I personally dont think the government should of spent so much. But they obviously have so now they need to raise taxes. And motorists are a very easy target.

I think I know where this camera is.Its been flashing at me on the m1 south ,Northamoton,about a mile before the 60mph limit roadworks.

Nah, it’s all about road safety.
Think of the potential carnage of us actually momentarily taking a hand of the wheel :open_mouth: and eating a ham sarnie, and the odd sip on yer Costa.
Nothing to do with easy pickings and making cash whatsoever.
And it gives the Police more scope to use their limited resources to a fuller potential.
We should all have cameras in our cabs anyway to stop this dangerous practice.
I mean…if you are doing nothing wrong what have you got to worry about■■?

robroy:
Nah, it’s all about road safety.
Think of the potential carnage of us actually momentarily taking a hand of the wheel :open_mouth: and eating a ham sarnie, and the odd sip on yer Costa.
Nothing to do with easy pickings and making cash whatsoever.
And it gives the Police more scope to use their limited resources to a fuller potential.
I mean…if you are doing nothing wrong what have you got to worry about■■?

I agree.
Also I’m sick of hgv drivers stealing from their workplace. We have a metal scanner where I work but that’s not enough.
Everyone should have a full body search. Along with a ■■■■ cavity search.
If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.
I also think there should be weekly home inspections to make sure hgv drivers don’t have illegal drugs in the house and to ensure no stolen property is there

Vote with your feet, leave, go do something else however if you’re going to be doing any job indoors you’re most likely going to find yourself spending even more of your working day that’s not in the bog being covered by CCTV. You could refuse to drive anywhere south of the M62 corridor including the M62 itself because that’s where all this nonsense seems to come to a stop. Once you turn north from the M62 then until you get to Glasgow or Edinburgh ring road there’s not a single gantry with even a speed camera on. Go on trafficengland.com on a computer, select show traffic cameras on the Map Layers menu and you’ll see that the further north you get the less there are. Once you get to ■■■■■■■ there aren’t any more.

I’ve long since given up giving a toss. The time to stop it has long since passed and if you think we’re monitored you ain’t seen nothing compared to how even the lowest ranking bod in an office is, they’ll spend all day under CCTV and everything they do on their computers is logged. Even the bod on the security gate is as many companies now will have a system in place where when they’re doing their rounds they’ll have to use a wireless ID card or fob to touch a reader at various points just to prove they’ve done their round. Then there’s the mother of all places, Amazon, which makes China, North Korea and Russia look like amateurs when it comes to tracking and surveilling their own staff. We’re far from badly done by despite in cab cameras, roadside cameras and tachographs.

edd1974:

Communism is all about control and taking control and maximum surveillance is part of that.
It’s got nothing to do with taxes or seat belt wearing.
More like enforcement of travel rationing and restrictions which are planned and on their way.
I don’t think that this shows an airliner let alone one being flown by an amateur pilot at almost zero feet at its design cruising speed at altitude.
This is what surrender looks like.
youtube.com/watch?v=0SL2PzzOiF8

robroy:

Sadly becoming all too common now, thanks to the likes of the Muppet on the A1 the other night with his tablet covering his instrument panel and kept veering onto the hard shoulder because he was trying to watch something while driving. The next one to end up killing someone when he rear ends them and flattens a car.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

There are already multiple places have the IR cameras for spotting mobile phone use.

We need to get the Commies out of power. I see we are going to have more restrictions despite the fact the virus has mutated to nothing but a bad cold. Time for the nonsense to stop. Meanwhile, the EU are drafting legislation to take control of private business (basically just making it law to do what they did when they stopped transport of PPE, but to extend to everything produced, including demanding companies notify production, stocks, etc. - all very Communist).

The new German government are also wanting to repeat the 1930s. It’s too late to say it can’t happen - it is. Take a closer look.

edd1974:
They have to claw back the money somehow and motorists are an easy target[/quote

I am assuming you are aware the Gov spent £37bn on track and trace, to put this in perspective in cost 1.5 to 2bn to develop and put into space the hubble telescope.
And you “feel sorry for thls government”? Phew!
Its us, me and you the tax payer you should feel sorry for.
God help us.

TruckerGuy:
There are already multiple places have the IR cameras for spotting mobile phone use.

We need to get the Commies out of power. I see we are going to have more restrictions despite the fact the virus has mutated to nothing but a bad cold. Time for the nonsense to stop. Meanwhile, the EU are drafting legislation to take control of private business (basically just making it law to do what they did when they stopped transport of PPE, but to extend to everything produced, including demanding companies notify production, stocks, etc. - all very Communist).

The new German government are also wanting to repeat the 1930s. It’s too late to say it can’t happen - it is. Take a closer look.

I agree that it’s all about Commy control but the ‘virus’ is as real and from the same place, for that same reason, probably as whatever it was that hit the Pentagon.
I don’t remember a heart rate of 95 bpm and 192/92 BP with any ‘cold’ and the zb on my lungs could have just as easily turned to pneumonia if it had been a bit more difficult to cough up.Bearing in mind that might have just been the first round and it hasn’t even really got started on me yet.

Carryfast:

TruckerGuy:

I agree that it’s all about Commy control but the ‘virus’ is as real and from the same place, for that same reason, probably as whatever it was that hit the Pentagon.
I don’t remember a heart rate of 95 bpm and 192/92 BP with any ‘cold’ and the zb on my lungs could have just as easily turned to pneumonia if it had been a bit more difficult to cough up.Bearing in mind that might have just been the first round and it hasn’t even really got started on me yet.

I don’t doubt the virus is real. I had it back in Dec 2019, and ended up going to A&E because I passed out twice. I had loss of taste/smell for around 4 days, and was constantly dizzy for around 2 weeks. I had been uncharacteristically short of breath, but at the time I didn’t really notice. The dizziness when I moved even to pick up a drink overtook anything else I might have been feeling.

Looking back, A&E did a rubbish job as they didn’t do the basics of doing blood pressure/sats. Instead, they did a test to see if I had a UTI and sent me home again. Of course, UTI was negative.

I hope you recover quickly!

These cameras are already being used, If you’ve been convicted of no seatbelts by means of a photo and nip in the post.

TruckerGuy:
We need to get the Commies out of power.

And put back in Labour who kicked the whole covering the country in cameras off? First smart motorway that opened, the M42, opened in 2006 when Blair was still in power. Go look at what Blunkett brought in. He’s responsible for RIPA which was known as the Snoopers Charter. Labour also brought in ANPR and a National ANPR Data Center which allows the police to track a vehicle anywhere in the UK in real time.

Before you blame the Tories for it all you might want to go look at when much of this stuff was introduced.

I see we are going to have more restrictions despite the fact the virus has mutated to nothing but a bad cold.

Not in England. Javid has said that unless something catastrophic happens there’ll be no more restrictions.