New Scania's

Errrrmmmmm…i’m 50/50 about these new Scania’s…

The sound system is the nuts…been cruising along tonight…and last night…listening to some wicked Dub sounds…and these r MP3’s of old tapes…but it comes out pure stereo…u just hear individual sounds…to the pin coming out of the passenger speakers…very nice set-up…

The cab build quality of the unit is well nice…the general presentation is well nice…

but…

Why is it when u turn the ingnition off… the stereo goes off…with no option of turning it back on…for 1hr intervals…like other manufactures…
Did they forget…that at some places…u hand your keys in…but u can still sit in your cabs…possibly for hrs on end…■■?..

Dumb!!!

Yes before anyone say’s it…i’ve noticed this on the old one’s also…

On the otherhand…u turn your ingintion off…the headlights r still on…
What for■■?

Some people may say i’m being a bit picky or soft…■■■■ u inadvance…but i’ve notice the steering wheel is a bit too solid…it actually starts to hurt the hand…worse when reversing…where u r going to put most pressure…

The button for the cruise control…DAFT!!!

All i want to is stretch my finger out…and flip it on…not go searching for it…

Lazy ■■■■■■■ is I!!!

Seat gets a bit stiff after a good while…where is the arm rest■■?..
Not even in the automatic!!!

Can’t see the back of the trailer…in the mirrors .properly…without shifting my head a fair bit…they r good mirrors though…

The pilot light for night driving!!!..Did they run out of LED or something■■?..
I now put all three reading lights on…Aim them up n’ forward…quite nice nice effect actually…work very well…

Think it’s just the one’s we’ve got…but they oversteer like ■■■■…when reversing…

Can never get the heater setting right either…its on ‘HI’…or some number…which = cold

and finally…

What the ■■■■ is that gear box formation about…Scania special…nah still can’t get me head wrapped around it…it just ain’t right…I just don’t need to b thinking about gears when…in a stick situ…
Total Focus on the Road…

When saying so…through all my dislikes…the sound system…far out weigh them all…so i’ll just keep being happy to get me hands on a new one.

Ta for listening…

PS:…I have a funny feeling that a lot of my gripes r the result of the scania designers…having bumped into some funny mushroom munching designers from MAN…one night in pub…got totally ■■■■■■■■■■■ to work the next day…still a bit under the influence…of the MAN ■■■■…and didn’t realise their errors…still they started rolling off the production line…
Mums the word though!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

punctuation is crap, really cant be arsed.

SuperSmiley:
but…

Why is it when u turn the ingnition off… the stereo goes off…with no option of turning it back on…for 1hr intervals…like other manufactures…
Did they forget…that at some places…u hand your keys in…but u can still sit in your cabs…possibly for hrs on end…■■?..

Dumb!!!

Don’t know if you still can with the new ones but you can on the old ones from the night heater control box thing.

SuperSmiley:
Errrrmmmmm…i’m 50/50 about these new Scania’s…

The sound system is the nuts…been cruising along tonight…and last night…listening to some wicked Dub sounds…and these r MP3’s of old tapes…but it comes out pure stereo…u just hear individual sounds…to the pin coming out of the passenger speakers…very nice set-up…

The cab build quality of the unit is well nice…the general presentation is well nice…

but…

you can from the night heater control and there is the option from the radio button on/off switch if it’s set up - press and hold until radio comes on
Dumb!!!

On the otherhand…u turn your ingintion off…the headlights r still on…
What for■■?

don’t know why they have done that and perhaps the worst thing is that the dashboard lights up when you start the engine even when the lights are off and it’s quite easy on a dark morning to be driving without lights on as dawn breaks - done it myself and seen plenty of others doing it too.
Some people may say i’m being a bit picky or soft…[zb] u inadvance…but i’ve notice the steering wheel is a bit too solid…it actually starts to hurt the hand…worse when reversing…where u r going to put most pressure…

The button for the cruise control…DAFT!!!

the idea is to leave the button on and use the steering wheel controls for the cruise settings and on and off. i don’t think the dash button has ever been switched off on mine which does make it a bit of a waste of space and pointless.

All i want to is stretch my finger out…and flip it on…not go searching for it…

Lazy [zb] is I!!!

Seat gets a bit stiff after a good while…where is the arm rest■■?..
Not even in the automatic!!!

Can’t see the back of the trailer…in the mirrors .properly…without shifting my head a fair bit…they r good mirrors though…

The pilot light for night driving!!!..Did they run out of LED or something■■?..
I now put all three reading lights on…Aim them up n’ forward…quite nice nice effect actually…work very well…

i have altered mine so that the led’s will come on with the door lights turned to activate, i’ve put red tape on the inside of the individual interior roof lights and they help by putting a nice ambient red glow on the interior.

Think it’s just the one’s we’ve got…but they oversteer like [zb]…when reversing…

not noticed on my four wheel tractor unit

Can never get the heater setting right either…its on ‘HI’…or some number…which = cold

lo to 21 should be cold - warm - above 21 to hi should be hot, if it doesn’t suit you then take it off auto mode and set the blower and direction yourself, you will also need to switch to econ which is without climate control/air conditioning.

and finally…

What the [zb] is that gear box formation about…Scania special…nah still can’t get me head wrapped around it…it just ain’t right…I just don’t need to b thinking about gears when…in a stick situ…
Total Focus on the Road…

i don’t know what your talking about with this observation - scania have been 3 over 3 for years now, they have followed the same shift pattern of 1,2 and 3 where a normal truck has 2,3 and 4 since the launch of the r series back in 1997 and perhaps before that as i cannot remember the shift pattern for the 3 series anymore.

When saying so…through all my dislikes…the sound system…far out weigh them all…so i’ll just keep being happy to get me hands on a new one.

absolutely - great sound system - shame that they never thought about somewhere to put all your cd’s within reach, tried the little box overhead, went over a bump and it rained cd’s on me, there were cd’s and jewel cases everywhere.
Ta for listening…

PS:…I have a funny feeling that a lot of my gripes r the result of the scania designers…having bumped into some funny mushroom munching designers from MAN…one night in pub…got totally [zb]…went to work the next day…still a bit under the influence…of the MAN [zb]…and didn’t realise their errors…still they started rolling off the production line…
Mums the word though!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I’m running about in one at the moment too, have to agree with the Cruise Control button, bloody stupid place to put it.

I noticed the radio too, but in mine i can turn it back on with the keys out for some strange reason, sounds ■■■■ good though, although the n-side speaker seems to rattle a bit with the bass.

one gripe from me is the Air suspension seems to take bloody ages to go up and level again if you have the park brake on when using it, a little faster if your holding on the foot brake though.

I’m over steering too at the moment when reversing i just think thats down to having a steer & lift axle instead of the push lift i’m used to, i always use the weight transfer switch for the Mid lift when reversing makes it a little easier.

Nice comfy seat and bunk too, overall i like the motor, nice to drive

Manny

It’s interesting how everyone agree’s how good the stereo is!!!..
Beautiful at 3am cruising on the motorway!!!

I’ll give Iveco…Daf and Merc credit also…(not sure about Renault.)…for making the same effort…irrelavant of what model…of something reasonable and respectful to the driver…whom maybe in the cab all day +…
(Their not as clear sounding…when saying so…u can start to pick up that muffled bass after a while)…

This is what winds me up with MAN’s and Volvo’s (the small cabs)…the ■■■■■ stereo quality and set up…
U wonder what logic or tone deaf ■■■■■■■ tested them…really hate them…■■■■■■■
Particularly with the MAN’s…they have improved them quite a bit…from the previous gripes…but still haven’t clicked on to the most obvious…

Anyhow…Manny…i think i’ve heard something about this axle…business and oversteering…I’ll just have to keep practising…only problem being…i’ll be in another vehicle…no doubt a few days later…and have to re-practise back to normal…
What is that other button about…next to the rasie axle button…with two wheels on the ground…on the bottom pic…then one up…with a semi-circle arrow pointing over to the other one…on the top pic■■?

No Johnny…Manny picked-up my point about the cruise control button…It actually being at the bottom of the steering wheel…so u have to make a point of moving your hand to the bottom of the wheel to switch it on…where as all other makes…it’s just a stretch of the finger

What i was getting at with the gear box…is that u go…2…3…flick the switch…then instead of going to the left and up…u go to the left and down…then it’s back to the right and up…

Sorry the brain can’t compute this…it just ain’t normal…
Even the volvo…3/3 that i learnt in didn’t do this…
When your carrying milk…and travelling along busy roads…u need to be spot on with your gears…it needs to b second nature…Working out 1/2 gears don’t help either…

The main problem is i’m an Agency driver…hence not in these all the time…and of late been using automatics…I’m getting used to them…but still!!!..
When things get sticky…I’m thinking about my gears…when I shouldn’t be…should be pure auto…
To be honest i think i’m driving to many different vehicles…with different gear boxes…It got to a point the other day…where i was seriously getting worried about my knowledge of correct gear use.

i’ll try that night heater thing…

I’m curious…does the top of the range new Scania…have extra speaker setup…so u could have a rave in your cab…■■?

Dennis…when u start a sentence…the first letter must be a capital…that’s a good boy now… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I have one thing to say about Scania’s…VOLVO! :wink:

CM:
I have one thing to say about Scania’s…VOLVO! :wink:

I…agree.
…no…
…competition …
…really…

Volvo…

…rock.

well done jammy i would have done the same myself if i could be bothered.

Errrrrrrmmmmm do i get the hint someone’s taking the ■■■■…

U lot r just jealous of my…Dotty style…Kung Fu

SuperSmiley:
Errrrrrrmmmmm do i get the hint someone’s taking the [zb]…

nobber

Thats the weight transfer switch i was talking about just hit it and it will take the lift up a little which will give more traction to the drive, i think you have to be under 40, not certain on that speed though, i’ll look tomorrow

SuperSmiley:
Errrrrrrmmmmm do i get the hint someone’s taking the [zb]…

Imnot jealous at all SS i just find it very annoying, not the fact that you dont use proper punctuation its not something im good at myself but all them dots everywhere i just cant read your posts most of the time .

Super smiley… i hope you pass a hedgehog out your back passage.

Yes If your keyboard is buggered, buy a new ■■■■■■■ one.

They’re only £3 for christ sake.
ebuyer.com/UK/product/101988/rb/22370737628

Gurner:
Super smiley… i hope you [zb] a hedgehog.

Nice one Gurner :laughing: :laughing: try not to beat around the bush , be more direct.

Well i see u guy’s r still upset with my dots…Some of u making really intelligent comments about hedgehogs…

People…when needed my use of English is perfectly fine…but unless u guy’s r going to send me payment by paypal…for using it…then i see no bloody point…

Dotty…style…Kung Fu…is my personal style…

Don’t read the dots…read what is in-between…and the context of what is being said…cos that is all that really counts…

I have nothing to prove to anyone…

Some on ere…use perfect English…but talk absolute ■■■■■■■■…
Some just respin the same old crap…over and over again…Unlike I who comes up with new interesting subjects…
Some…Do I see are slagging off poles again…Yawn :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:confused: :question:

I think they’re all still upset with you calling them all fat moaning untidy ■■■■■ :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

most of them wont talk to me either for agreeing with you on SOME of your points :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: