New Scania T Cab

xfmatt:
It’s ok having a flagship but why not a Daf Ssc at £85k?? £206k is frightening!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is crazy money to pay out just for a unit mind you i would rather have a daf ssc much more comfort than a scania topline.

xfmatt:
It’s ok having a flagship but why not a Daf Ssc at £85k?? £206k is frightening!!

resale value will still be in £100k mark in 5 years time compared too the £30k for a ssc daf

I have been using a 65 plate SSC all week.

Cracking piece of kit.

scotstrucker:

xfmatt:

resale value will still be in £100k mark in 5 years time compared too the £30k for a ssc daf

Very true but you’ve still lost £106k in 5 years compared to £50k loss on the Daf.

Matt.

Colin_scottish:

xfmatt:
Chris Waite is from Driffield same as me. Rumour has it that the T cab was specially made for him at a cost of £206000!! Livestock must pay well!

Matt.

Remember some companies moan there is no money in this game.But then the same conpanies will spend 200k plus on there new flagship.

He’s not doing general, its livestock. Small family owned businsesses that run their wagons for longer than 3 years. I reckon that Scania has got at least 7 years of daily work ahead of it.

xfmatt:
It’s ok having a flagship but why not a Daf Ssc at £85k?? £206k is frightening!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like having two football teams from Manchester! :laughing: the red one wins everything :smiley: the blue one you can’t roll in glitter! :grimacing: you can’t polish a turd :wink:

Talking of prices, I’ve seen the original 700 series Hinos that were sold for about £70k new, now fetching prices of less than £20k. They must be the ones put together with stronger glue. :wink:

xfmatt:

scotstrucker:

xfmatt:

Very true but you’ve still lost £106k in 5 years compared to £50k loss on the Daf.

Matt.

i’m sure it wont bother chris waite though as he is used too running top notch gear and as radar says it will probably run for longer than 5 years in the firm

£200K for that is just mad money and just throwing it away. FH16 for me anyday. Fh12 at the moment but hoping to change it next year for one (used not new)

But he’s buying it not you. The driver may do 3-4 weeks away at a time and the extra room may make the job more comfortable

Fatboy slimslow:

xfmatt:
It’s ok having a flagship but why not a Daf Ssc at £85k?? £206k is frightening!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like having two football teams from Manchester! :laughing: the red one wins everything :smiley: the blue one you can’t roll in glitter! :grimacing: you can’t polish a turd :wink:

That theory has worked really well of late, currently your flagship is at the side of the road with flat tires whilst the kids are fighting inside it hoping recovery comes soon.

Mr.Lee of Brighouse as brought one as a show pony,it will not work.

BIGGEE:
Mr.Lee of Brighouse as brought one as a show pony,it will not work.

YUCK !

Mr.Lee of Brighouse as bought one as a show pony,it will not work.

That’s a lot of cash to blow on a hobby ! Skips must pay as well as livestock [emoji383] .

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

i spotted a 65 plate T Cab yesterday,belonging to a road planing company local to me :open_mouth: they already have,or had,a rigid T Cab.

I must say I do like T cabs but you’d be better off with the longline, as for the waste of money side of it, even Keenan’s and the rest of the Irish fridge brigade are moving toward 6 cylinders. Never did see the point in a 4x2 with more power than a low loader, although they do look the part.

Not to say that a T cab has to be a V8, but if you’re gonna do it proper you do it proper.

Well as the comfort in the t-cab i dont rate it mutch,every outher cab is like the t-cab no more room in it. I have had 2 of the and sure they are nice to look at but thats al…

Danne

You buy a Scania you get a Scania so you might as well buy something else.

I don’t understand why anyone doing livestock would want a longer less manoeuvrable vehicle?!!

Earthline used too have two T cab six wheelers that were wagon and drag muckshifters for a short time. Then they just used them as 6w but one driver told me they were crap on site.