New Scania R series...no radio without ignition!

As title says really. Just got new Scania, and to my dismay the radio doesn’t work without the keys in, which is a pita when I have to hand keys in on loading bays etc.

Is this normal? Is there a hidden setting somewhere? (I’ve looked in all the manuals and can’t find anything).

Also there’s a small plastic socket in the top left storage locker. Anyone know what it’s for? Just curious :grimacing:

TIA.

Socket is probably for a coffee machine.
Have you not tried pressing the on button!!!

Also is there a remote on the wall at the back of the cab with buttons on it?
There is a radio button on that!!!

Is it a 12v socket? If so,is it maybe meant for a cool box?

Conan the Librarian:
As title says really. Just got new Scania, and to my dismay the radio doesn’t work without the keys in, which is a pita when I have to hand keys in on loading bays etc.

Is this normal? Is there a hidden setting somewhere? (I’ve looked in all the manuals and can’t find anything).

Also there’s a small plastic socket in the top left storage locker. Anyone know what it’s for? Just curious :grimacing:

TIA.

Probably a socket, to plug in the mahoosive lit up griffin sign for the back wall…

tango boy:
Socket is probably for a coffee machine.
Have you not tried pressing the on button!!!

Haha yes I have :grimacing:
Could be, it’s not a 12/24v outlet it’s white n kinda oblong :confused:

nodding donkey:

Conan the Librarian:

TIA.

Probably a socket, to plug in the mahoosive lit up griffin sign for the back wall…

Lmao…NOT happening they are ■■■■■■ hideous!

There’s only a button for the lights on the panel on the back wall, along with a 24v socket.

nodding donkey:

With the amount of them you see now a days it wouldnt surprise me if the socket for them became a factory standard!

What`s this , must be a first on Truck-Net someone finding a fault on a Scania , !!!.

Some times on the back of the radio there’s 2 plugs 1 for ignore on only so you don’t leave the thing on all weekend and drain the bats. The other offers direct feed. Not saying all radios are like it but I have known it. Also some have a slide switch, does the same constant live or ignition only.

nick2008:
Some times on the back of the radio there’s 2 plugs 1 for ignore on only so you don’t leave the thing on all weekend and drain the bats. The other offers direct feed. Not saying all radios are like it but I have known it. Also some have a slide switch, does the same constant live or ignition only.

Thanks, but don’t have the prongs to get the radio out. Guess I’ll just have to live with it. Least the sockets are permanently live, so can use my DAB if desperate lol.

nick2008:

All radios have a switched live and a permanent live, for the memory, you can wire both up to the permanent live but obviously it would always have to be manually turned off.