new sat nav ?

Hi folks before I start I just want to say that I do use a truck atlas and a to z`s to plan my routes but my preference is I always like to have a sat nav on just incase with that said im looking at buying a new sat nav as my tomtom is a bit old and im getting new job in a new area so its just a peice of mind now my question to you all is what sat nav obviously it must be HGV but im thinking eaither the SNOOPER TRUCKMATE S2500 or the SNOOPER S5000 theres about a £70 difference between the two but Im struggling to see what you get with the S5000 thats worth £70 ? The only thing I can see is the screen size is a little bigger but for a extra £70 is it worth it if anyones got any of these please could you help me make a informed decision or if anyone would recommend anything else please let me know my budget it about £250-£300 thanks all

buy a tomtom go 520/530 off ebay and put truck maps on for free…should be able to do this for £100 and be able to update maps for free.
If you need any help me and a few on here will gladly do so.
why pay more.every little helps. :slight_smile:

Hi gezt ive got the tomtom 520 with truck maps card on it at the minute but I didnt think I could update it I got mine off ebay already set up like this about a year ago so its out of date now im still going to buy a new one as its a bit battered as it was used when I had it and it only cost me £70 all in but if you could help me update it, it would still be a very good back up thanks mate

get in touch via pm over weekend :wink:

I’ve got two pro navs (old and new version) and think there pretty good.

Tom Tom 5150 it’s the dogs wotsits. With free lifetime map updates.

Hi greggy I do like the look of the tomtoms but theres two things that I would like to know can you put multiple addresses in for multi drop ? And can you alter the route it gives you if you want bypass something for example would appreciate it if you can answer those questions thanks

I have got a tomtom 910 and bridge x, but bridge x which i put on my self is temperamental, keep a good look out for low bridge signs and dont go down any roads you dont like the look of i.e residential areas/side streets. :slight_smile: but Tom Tom 5150 looks good.