New Rules

unless it is tightening in the sense of strictly applying them

think you’ve probably hit the nail on the head there Neil.

thanks for the PM

I knew me old mate, Coffee, would put me right. I shall take pleasure in laughing atthe so called ‘know it alls’ when I get chance.
By the way, Mr Coffee … you still driving for the bananas■■? I am getting fed up of looking into every banana I see over the water or on the M1

TheBear:
I knew me old mate, Coffee, would put me right. I shall take pleasure in laughing atthe so called ‘know it alls’ when I get chance.
By the way, Mr Coffee … you still driving for the bananas■■? I am getting fed up of looking into every banana I see over the water or on the M1

I am indeed Mr Bear, best job I’ve ever had. White 4x2 DAF 95 Space Cab, note the lack of the word Super, with DHL logo on it usually pulling a tandem DHL box trailer, which to be honest doesn’t narrow it down much.

I saw you parked in Rugby truck stop, or at least your vehicle, about 07:30 one morning a few weeks back. You were on the back row with the arse of the trailer pointing at the A5. I had popped in to see if I could get an inverter from the shop but your curtains were closed and not knowing how long you had been there I did not come a knocking.

It amazes me how some of the traffic staff you hear about ever found their way into the office. For God’s sake - it doesn’t take much to stay on the ball with these changes in regulations if you’ve got half an interest in the job.

Maybe some don’t. :bulb:

As an aside…

Firebird:
DHL in Redditch have asked there drivers to keep 28 days worth of there digicard print outs on them, but that is what the digicard is for, it holds the information, surely if they need to view it download the card info :question: :unamused:

Bloody hell!! :open_mouth:

I had a DHL fleet engineer messing around with mine for some reason the other day and he did several print-outs.

I thought I’d better ask the office for a new till roll in case the current one ran out - thinking I may need to use it for some reason.

‘A spare one? Whetever for? Do you know how much they cost?! I hope you’ve not been doing lots of printouts, you young bugger!!!’ was the reply I got. :laughing:

Admittedly the TM said this in a humorous manner, but he also said they are quite dear and we should look to avoid printing off too much.

flying_fenman:

Firebird:
DHL in Redditch have asked there drivers to keep 28 days worth of there digicard print outs on them, but that is what the digicard is for, it holds the information, surely if they need to view it download the card info :question: :unamused:

Bloody hell!! :open_mouth:

I had a DHL fleet engineer messing around with mine for some reason the other day and he did several print-outs.

I thought I’d better ask the office for a new till roll in case the current one ran out - thinking I may need to use it for some reason.

‘A spare one? Whetever for? Do you know how much they cost?! I hope you’ve not been doing lots of printouts, you young bugger!!!’ was the reply I got. :laughing:

Admittedly the TM said this in a humorous manner, but he also said they are quite dear and we should look to avoid printing off too much.

The drivers at the company I think Firebird was referring to have to photocopy the printouts onto the back of the time sheets every day, they have always had to do this with the charts and I guess nobody’s realised yet that half the fleet have digital tachographs so the system remains unchanged :laughing:

Should of kept my big mouth shut. We’ve all got a two hour tacho seminar now on Saturday morning. Choice of the 8am or 10.30am one, Bah !!!

FF… you are required by law to carry a minimum of 2 till rolls at all times.

Unless I have been mis-informed.Will try to dig something out in the regs.
Cheers

shade:
FF… you are required by law to carry a minimum of 2 till rolls at all times.

No you’re not, but nice early get in with one of the latest up and coming Driver’s Urban Myths. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

shade:
Unless I have been mis-informed.

You have. The regs only say you must carry sufficient supplies of type-approved print roll so that a printout can be produced at an enforcement officer’s request. What sufficient supplies are is not defined and there is certainly no actual number of rolls defined. At our place it is policy to have one in the tacho head and carry two spares, one kept in the vehicle and one kept by the driver, but that is just company policy and not a legal requirement.

Mike-C:
Should of kept my big mouth shut. We’ve all got a two hour tacho seminar now on Saturday morning. Choice of the 8am or 10.30am one, Bah !!!

Lovely, that would be like two hours of high quality, ■■■■■■■ girl, ■■■■ for me. Not to mention the possible opportunity to arg… err, discuss points with the training guy. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:smiley: I knew you wouldn’t be far away Coffee :smiley:
We were told it was 2 , one in your tacho and one in case you ran out during a check so you can still do a print for the nice man in the hi-vis.
Like you we carry 3.

Should I be honoured to have started a new urban myth :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shade:
Should I be honoured to have started a new urban myth :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sadly you didn’t start it, I’ve heard it a few times in recent weeks, but you may be the first to get it on TruckNet. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:

Lovely, that would be like two hours of high quality, ■■■■■■■ girl, ■■■■ for me. Not to mention the possible opportunity to arg… err, discuss points with the training guy. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Don’t worry, if he gets a thing wrong everyone will know my name in work on Monday morning !! I really didn’t want to go. Gaffer said we would rather you did. Oh well. I’ll take the later one and a VHS tape as well, just incase the lads are interested and the projector is free when the guy has finished. Then maybe a walkabout along the pubs on the dock road, some of them have strippers on of a Saturday aftrnoon. Just gonna give Ady a bell now see if he wants to come … :smiley: