New rules on weekly rest

Ive been told that now i can only work a rest day every other saturday due to change in rules and i must pay it back by 2nd week is this correct, so b4 i would have 45 off followed by 24 then 24 again and then 45+catchup hours where as now they say i can only do 45 24 45 24…is this true or do i smell billy bullsh…

There are no new rules per se, things changed years ago. I assume you mean that you work Mon to Fri every week and are enquiring about working more than every other Saturday?

The problem is that it is possible under certain circumstances to work more than one Saturday on the bounce, Hell its even possible to work six days a week every week. The problem for companies is that it’s extremely easy to ■■■■ up your hours working this way which can impact adversely on your infringement level and their OCRS (?) score. For that reason a lot of companies insist on a “one on one off” system to keep it simple.

the maoster:
There are no new rules per se, things changed years ago. I assume you mean that you work Mon to Fri every week and are enquiring about working more than every other Saturday?

The problem is that it is possible under certain circumstances to work more than one Saturday on the bounce, Hell its even possible to work six days a week every week. The problem for companies is that it’s extremely easy to ■■■■ up your hours working this way which can impact adversely on your infringement level and their OCRS (?) score. For that reason a lot of companies insist on a “one on one off” system to keep it simple.

And put simply finish Saturday 1200 and start Monday 0900 = 45 off every week if you like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically, you can legally work seven days a week.

Harry Monk:

I know some would like to - but I struggle with five days a week.

Technically you can work 13 days if you think about it.

Just need CF to come and argue I’m wrong now :imp: :angry: :laughing:

you can even work 24/7 if you want to…dont just record it, and dont get caught. :smiley: :smiley:

theres been no changes for over 5 years
fta.co.uk/_galleries/downloa … graphs.pdf

205:

Did you know they’ve brought in a tacho that uses a smart card to record your driving [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

205:

actually, tacho rules haven’t altered since April 2007! :grimacing:

fredthered:

Harry Monk:

I know some would like to - but I struggle with five days a week.

I struggle with 4 :grimacing:

yorkielee:

Not all in the same week, surely? :wink:

Harry Monk:

yorkielee:

start Monday and run in Saturday morning. have over 24 hours off then run out sunday afternoon come back Friday afternoon before the time you left for the sunday… giving you 13 days of work, off all weekend until Monday morning 60 plus hours so should be able to do it every other fortnight. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

yorkielee:

Harry Monk:

yorkielee:

start Monday and run in Saturday morning. have over 24 hours off then run out sunday afternoon come back Friday afternoon before the time you left for the sunday… giving you 13 days of work, off all weekend until Monday morning 60 plus hours so should be able to do it every other fortnight. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you could legally work 365 days a year and still have a 45 hour rest every week if you started your rest at 0100 Saturday and went back to work at 2200 Sunday.

How marvellous it is to see such an amazing - and mostly correct - range of Weekly Rest patterns.