New rule needed

There needs to be a new rule on this site - admin make it happen please.

The rule is so that members can put an enforceable message in their OP saying who can/can’t reply to their thread. Eg. I create a thread and put at the end

Note: Carryfast not allowed to reply to this thread

then the mods must enforce it and if he replies then he gets put on pre-mod or banned.

And I’m sure that many other members would like this rule too, especially owner drivers. :laughing:

:bulb:

If that was the case I’d just stick Carryfast not allowed to reply in my signature

Rob K:
There needs to be a new rule on this site - admin make it happen please.

The rule is so that members can put an enforceable message in their OP saying who can/can’t reply to their thread. Eg. I create a thread and put at the end

Note: Carryfast not allowed to reply to this thread

then the mods must enforce it and if he replies then he gets put on pre-mod or banned.

And I’m sure that many other members would like this rule too, especially owner drivers. :laughing:

:bulb:

I agree with this.

He is on my list of people I hope get an inoperable tumour at the base of their spine. :imp: :smiling_imp:

:bulb: IMHO, that’s an interesting thought. :wink:

TBH Rob, I’ve no idea whether it’s workable, so maybe it’s not just for Admin, but also a legal question?

If your idea were to be legally OK (censorship and free speech etc,) and then got considered by Admin for use on the forums, should it apply equally to all members to say who they did or didn’t want to post on their OP?

Should it apply just to OPs?

It is an interesting idea.

How about…on the left hand side, where the pm details and username is, putting a Block button. That would give everyone one chance to answer any query but if they started spouting guff, the OP could block them from that thread only. Only the Op and only that thread… Obviously if they carried on talking guff, there would be no more threads for them to reply too, but at least they would have a chance to be sensible! I don’t know the legal side but it might get over the freedom of speech thing…

Just a thought… :slight_smile:

Think there is a similar thing already if you go in to your profile & hit the" foe " button

The problem is he ruins every post he contributes to with endless mindless crap. Shouldn’t he be on premod by now :wink:

animal:
Think there is a similar thing already if you go in to your profile & hit the" foe " button

Adding someone as a “foe” doesn’t stop them replying to a thread it just stops you seeing their replies, I imagine it would make threads hard to read when you can see some replies but not others.

tachograph:

animal:

Adding someone as a “foe” doesn’t stop them replying to a thread it just stops you seeing their replies, I imagine it would make threads hard to read when you can see some replies but not others.

That is the problem I found, sometimes you just get multiple lines of blank where he has tried to make clever comments on three consecutive threads.

I am just ignoring it now instead.

Wheel Nut:

tachograph:

animal:

That is the problem I found, sometimes you just get multiple lines of blank where he has tried to make clever comments on three consecutive threads.

I am just ignoring it now instead.

Yep this is true but I just ignore him as life is too short to worry bout & is only an internet forum