New Renaults indicator problem?

I was driving a brand new reno on sunday on a night shift, I don’t know how many other people had this problem but a few times when I indicated it flicked the headlights of! The headlights twisty switch and indicator on the same stick is abit silly, right?

Everyone who drive’s 'em notices this mate, don’t worry it’s not just you.
One of those little quirks you get used to!

Yep I’ve done that many a times. Somehow you hand catches it. It wakes the driver up behind you!

Forget where I saw it but one of the motoring writers mentioned something about the more controls on a stalk, the cheaper and nastier the vehicle; sums up Renault trucks for me.

It’s not a quirk, it’s a bloody nuisance and potentially dangerous.

I had the same prob with mine. Give it a couple of weeks and you’ll notice you don’t do it as much, if at all. I agree its a bad design but like everything, you’ll get used to it. :laughing:

I once did that with my dads Citroen van and scared myself Witless :laughing: Being French I assumed the worst!

i dont know whether theyve fixed it on the new models, but on my 06 when the right hand indicator cancels it clicks onto the lefthand indicator quite often. if you havent noticed you tend to get people pulling out in front of you thinking youre turning left when you`re not :open_mouth:
apparently its a design fault thats been around years and theres no fix.gave up defecting it :unamused:

R.D:
i dont know whether theyve fixed it on the new models, but on my 06 when the right hand indicator cancels it clicks onto the lefthand indicator quite often. if you havent noticed you tend to get people pulling out in front of you thinking youre turning left when you`re not :open_mouth:
apparently its a design fault thats been around years and theres no fix.gave up defecting it :unamused:

My 11 plate Premium doesn’t do that but a Pugeot 307 i had did. Must be a French Fault. :unamused:

When the indicators play up I usually tap the lense, but if you do that to a renault the truck falls off

Yes I’ve experienced that this week, poor design there. Also it was one of those Renault/Volvo FL rigids. No lumbar support in the seat in this day and age?

im due to get a new reno and im dreading it,never liked them, got an m.a.n. a the moment and have never had a problem with it ,i think the boss is imo is downgrading and buying cheap . but unlike alot of drivers i have a job and im grateful for it.

OVLOV JAY:
When the indicators play up I usually tap the lense, but if you do that to a renault the truck falls off

thats the trouble with the volvo crap on them :laughing:

Lol

I think you can get a MAN tgx cheaper than a Renault premium at the moment. They’re both decent enough nowadays, just prefer the interior layout & switches of the tg not to mention the fabric in the premium is too light, touch of grease and it looks awful inside. Don’t like electronic speedometers either which I think the renault has if I recall correctly.

Silver_Surfer:
Don’t like electronic speedometers either which I think the renault has if I recall correctly.

Think you mean digital, they’re all electronic these days!

Yes it has, but TBH it doesn’t bother me.

d4c24a:

OVLOV JAY:

thats the trouble with the volvo crap on them :laughing:

Yeah the crap volvo running gear has really held renault back :open_mouth: