New Renault

Seen 2 new Renault units today. 1 pulling a trailer and 1 solo on trade plates. Don’t know what they are like to drive, probably very nice, But they look absolutely crap on the outside.
I don’t know about you, but I think trucks should look good. I.e. Scania, Volvo. Also, I don’t think you will beat an ERF C series on looks.

I’ve seen one that’s got eyes painted on it below the windscreen gives it a character. Other ones I’ve seen really come down to paint job the plane ones don’t look as good but I think the same for the new Volvo to. The merc is my current fav on the market.

tallboy:
But they look absolutely crap on the outside.

Not as ugly as their predecessor Premium…

bradthinks:
The merc is my current fav on the market.

I like them too but the weird chunky mirrors & DRLs ruin it for me…

Pimpdaddy:

tallboy:
But they look absolutely crap on the outside.

The essential point to grasp is that you don’t buy a tractor unit to look at it, you buy a tractor unit to pull trailers up and down the road. :wink:

Surprisingly, you can’t see what it looks like from the drivers seat :unamused: and as long as I get paid on thursday I don’t care how ugly it is…

And yes, I do drive one.

Harry Monk:
The essential point to grasp is that you don’t buy a tractor unit to look at it, you buy a tractor unit to pull trailers up and down the road. :wink:

Fair enough, I don’t buy the things though I just try not to crash them :grimacing:

i think pimpdaddys way is scania ,THE END,way over priced ,they have a nice sounding v8 and a steering wheel that tilts back more but thats it,take it from me mate we are not in sweden or ireland where scanias rule the world,there alot better trucks out at the minute,gone are the days when people see a scania and think oooooft thats the best ,i drove scanias when i first started driving and got sucked by all the scania hype ,they are getting left in the dust as far as truck design and interiors go they are crap unless u like the retro feel :wink: :wink:

Granted, Scania do need to update the goodies in the cab but I also like the look of the exterior.

Pimpdaddy:

Oi! Is you saying my missus is fugly? You just need to look at her in the right light. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, I really dont get all the negative comments about the new Renault. Is this really a subject that is going to get repeated in threads left right and centre?.
It is a workhorse, nothing more nothing less. A piece of equipment used to transfer goods from point A to point B, and hopefully back again with as less fuss as possible. I honestly cannot see a lot of difference between many of the new marques these days, a bit like cars, they all seem to look the same.

Bring back Volvo FL 10’s.
Scania 112,3 and 142 V8 with no speed limiter.
Daf 3300.
Ford Transcon.
Pegaso Troners.
Iveco Turbostars.
MAN Roadhaus mega space cab.

gotta say the rubbish browny type colour does nothing for it , but seeing a few white ones pop up now and its a definitely looks better in white , once liveried up reckon theyll loose the wierd shape a bit .

tallboy:
Also, I don’t think you will beat an ERF C series on looks.

Should have gone to Specsavers…!

seth 70:
i think pimpdaddys way is scania ,THE END,way over priced ,they have a nice sounding v8 and a steering wheel that tilts back more but thats it,take it from me mate we are not in sweden or ireland where scanias rule the world,there alot better trucks out at the minute,gone are the days when people see a scania and think oooooft thats the best ,i drove scanias when i first started driving and got sucked by all the scania hype ,they are getting left in the dust as far as truck design and interiors go they are crap unless u like the retro feel :wink: :wink:

Volvo are just as popular In Sweden and Ireland now as scania but I get what you mean scanias are getting a bit old it’s time they made a brand new lorry.
And the new renault is just the same as the new volvo

With scania you get reliability that’s why they command a high pricetag

Who actually gives a ■■■■?
Some really sad folk about :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Bring back Volvo FL 10’s.
Scania 112,3 and 142 V8 with no speed limiter.
Daf 3300.
Ford Transcon.
Pegaso Troners.
Iveco Turbostars.
MAN Roadhaus mega space cab.

Merc SKs

ellies dad:
With scania you get reliability that’s why they command a high pricetag

Plus a good dealership network.

Why doe’s everyone say scanias are over priced sure if you buy a new one but if it’s second hand they are not bad and a lot cheaper than a volvo