New Renault

Has anyone seen one yet? I’ve seen two pre production test motors and one brown launch colour thing in Volvo Truck Centre Copenhagen but apart from that not one. Mates who are up and down also report no sightings which I find very odd as it was launched in the summer, new FH on the other hand selling like hot cakes up here. Maybe they’ve decided its an ugly child and giving an early facelift?

Renault haven’t started making right-hand-drive versions yet and the launch date in the UK keeps getting pushed back, March/April 2014 is my guess as to when we’ll start seeing them here.

I was invited to a ride and drive of the new Renaults at Millbrook yesterday so there was a few there. The white ones looked better than the brown ones.
I can tell you they are a nice truck to drive and more space than the Premium.

Pursy

Been discussed in some detail here;

Had a look round them at their stand in the Renault World Series race in Budapest.
Some nice bits on them, and the Magmun replacement has a flat floor, which I don’t think the FH does have. It was also nice to see that they weren’t just a rebadged Volvo. However there were some bits of them that look like cheap materials and would last long if treated with a bit of force.

I think there was quite a gap between the launch of the FH and the first models appearing on the road and also the launch models weren’t the best looking things, some on here reckoned they were so ugly that Volvo wouldn’t sell many, but quite a few FH’s look far better in fleet livery and they seem to be appearing all over the place on both big and small fleets.

I’m sure we’ll see many of the Premium replacements on fleets once they’re launched.

Not one of the ‘new’ new ones but I saw a load of new magnums the other week in the Czech Republic ( I think it was there)

Look how long ago we were shown the new CF and XF, but I still see full transporters of the existing models being ferried about. Think I’ve only seen 2 of the new XFs on the road, both orange, so I’m assuming they’re just demonstrators.

I’ll put my money on ND being the first to get them in glorious red… :smiley:

I’m sure they drive lovely but as someone on here said they do look like a storm troopers helmet in white :slight_smile:

I was unsure about the new Volvo but that grew on me & I like the look of it now, I can’t see that being the case with the T range.

I’m getting to have a drive of one next Wednesday over in Leyland. Apparently they’ve got a few to trial. I bagged my ticket for it through a friend who’s a sales rep.

Any particular things that people would like me to check while I’m there?

I don’t see anyone yet in Spain, for me it’s so ugly like a New Volvo.
I would like if could battle with New Actros and New Fh in fuel consumption.Last Reanult model was so good in this terms :slight_smile:

I’ve just done 3 days “New Range Introduction” training :frowning:

Steve

Well, I had a drive of the new Renault yesterday. Not a bad bus indeed. Grossed out at 42 ton, and pulled well on the hills, even gaining speed.

The biggest downside really was the lack of cup holders. Space for one cup, providing you don’t use one with a handle. Fuel economy was good, as expected though.

By the sound of it they’ll be on the market from late November. Would I buy one? Errrrm, if I had that amount of cash spare, I probably wouldn’t choose to waste it on a truck.

Reubs766:
Well, I had a drive of the new Renault yesterday. Not a bad bus indeed. Grossed out at 42 ton, and pulled well on the hills, even gaining speed.

The biggest downside really was the lack of cup holders. Space for one cup, providing you don’t use one with a handle. Fuel economy was good, as expected though.

By the sound of it they’ll be on the market from late November. Would I buy one? Errrrm, if I had that amount of cash spare, I probably wouldn’t choose to waste it on a truck.

I’ve neither seen nor driven one, but I figure that if a man who’s actually driven one can come up with no downsides except the cup holder then someone at Renault must have made a pretty good truck.

the maoster:

Reubs766:

I’ve neither seen nor driven one, but I figure that if a man who’s actually driven one can come up with no downsides except the cup holder then someone at Renault must have made a pretty good truck.

I can hardly find anything bad to say about the Premium I drive just now. Its pretty much near perfect for doing multi drop work IMO. So if the new one is even better, they will be on to a winner without a doubt.

Well, apparently it’s using the same Euro 6 engines that they’ve been using in the USA since 2010, so that should have all the issues sorted by now. Admittedly though, I drove the top spec model, and so the seating and other things were at the very best. How this will wear over time is still a question.

I don’t feel it’d be a very good wagon for a company that doesn’t have a dedicated driver to each wagon though. I can’t help but think that the light fittings on the front (which now incorporate the gull wings for indicators) could be rather delicate, and extremely pricey. . .

Me and LB had a ride and drive with JDS Trucks from Blackburn at Leyland truck museum they are nice and quite and smooth to drive but are god dam ugly ! Forgot camera !

sayley-boy:
Me and LB had a ride and drive with JDS Trucks from Blackburn at Leyland truck museum they are nice and quite and smooth to drive but are god dam ugly ! Forgot camera !

Yeah, that where I got involved too. I know a lad from the Salford branch. They looked much better in white than in green.

I haven’t had a trip out in one yet, but I did have a good look round one on a Renault Trucks trade stand.

Sitting in the drivers seat everything seemed quite nice, and some nice touches such as pull down sun blinds instead of the fold out type, they used to have them in the Major and I thought they worked far better than the ones in the Premium.

But I agree about not so good for a fleet, quite a lot of the catches on the locker seemed very filmsy.

I think the big one has a proper flat floor, something that the Volvo doesn’t have if I remember correctly.

Whether you like the way it looks or not at least you’ll know its a Renault, and I’m pleased it isn’t just a rebadged Volvo. It will be interesting to see how it looks when a few companies put thier own livery on it, some of the Volvos look far better liveried than the promo ones did.

Damoq I’ve done a lot of miles and nights out in Renault Premiums of both types and I think the new version is one of the most underrated trucks on the road,

Apart from the curtains & that’s when you can stop them falling out of the track. :slight_smile: