New Renault 5 ev

I’m really liking the styling of the Renault 5 ev, They’ve managed to keep the price at a reasonable level too. It’s even V2L & V2G ready.
I think they’re onto a winner. :heart_eyes:

Do they do it with a 2.0l diesel?

No It’s electric only, You go straight to jail & don’t collect £200 for diesel these days. :grinning:

:rofl:Think the only EV I’ll get is if I need a chair :man_in_motorized_wheelchair:

1 Like

Looks like it’s going to be a popular model with over 50000 people on the waiting list since it was announced last week.

That the waiting list to get on a charging point? :rofl:

1 Like

The end of this year & next year would be the best time to buy an EV if anyone was in the market for one.
The ZEV madate which started this year whereas all automakers selling new cars in the UK have to have 22% of their models fully electric or face HUGE fines of £15000/vehicle for every ICE car over sold.
Lots of speculation as to which car companies will pull out of selling cars here altogether as they’re hopelessly behind on targets. The big Japanese manufacturers being prime candidates except Nissan.

They will have to discount their meagre EV offerings by huge amounts to sell as many as they can to make the 22% total by the end of this year & the cars that are undersold will be added to next years % total which rises every year until 2030, An impossible task. Bargains for prospective EV buyers to be had there.

The only manufacturers who will come out of this smelling of roses are Tesla & some of the Chinese EV brands.

JLR are on a sticky wicket! Their ZEV target for 2024 is 14700 & 2025 ZEV target will be 18760. They don’t have that kind of EV offering with just their lacklustre sales of the Jaguar i-pace BEV which will be retired soon.
They only have 6000 allocated to the UK this year which will leave them woefully short of their ZEV target. :astonished:
They will have to do some kind of deal with the UK government.

Scary times ahead for car manufacturers.

It goes from bad to worse for the Jaguar i-pace ev! They’ve been recalled twice over battery fires from those LG Chem battery traction packs & yesterday a Jaguar i-pace brakes failed whilst on the motorway. Police ram runaway electric car after brakes fail on M62 - BBC News