New radio for daf xf

hey neil how do you rig it up for mp3 or am i just been daft lol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

neilf:
I did some checking with regard to my new 11 plate 105 and can’t remember the exact date but factory fitted DAF radios have been 24v from some time in 2007/8.

I’ve done the mod to allow running an mp3 player thro the AUX input on the radio and find it works well.

The basic spec I believe is just 2 speakers in the doors and they don’t seem to be that great. Mine has the upgraded speaker package which is 2 in the doors, 2 behind the seats into the bunk cavity and 2 tweeters in the A pillars. These are very good quality and you can really wind it up with no distortion what so ever,

In my previous 95xf I ran a high end alpine head unit and found the basic speakers fitted were useless for any decent sound.

I would recomend leaving the head unit alone and replacing the speakers within the doors first.

By the way mine has a blaupunkt head unit although it is badged DAF. I disconnected it from power to do the AUX mod and it didn’t ask for the security code on reconnection although it was only off power for a few minutes…

Cheers
Neilf

Coffeeholic:

Dogmatix:
I just got a new 11 plate, im thinking about investing in a proper DAB head unit with a proper aerial, anyone else done this? Im also going to get better speakers for the doors and maybe some for behind the bed as well. I listen to AM radio quite a lot and if you have anything plugged in the cigarette lighter, like a inverter to use a laptop it makes a right horrible noise on it.

That’s nothing to do with the quality of the speakers or the head unit, you need one of these.

audiomate.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=B071A

I have no problem with the radio on my xf but the handsfree kit for the phone suffers from terrible interference quite often,but only since I fitted an inverter,do you think one of these would cure it Coffeeholic?

I have a 62 plate had it for 3 months and the passenger side speaker has just blown I think, (dam u annie mac) would this be under warranty do u think?

It has a blaupunkt head unit and up-rated speaker package but imo its still rubbish, n the only thing that let’s this truck down!

matayou:
hey neil how do you rig it up for mp3 or am i just been daft lol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have a look here for the full story with photos.

viewtopic.php?t=68083

I got my lead off eBay and it came with the keys to remove the radio, it was a lot cheaper then the one linked in that thread too.

Cheers
Neilf

Just to throw my spanner in, my XF on a 08 is running a 24v radio which is a bit of a pain…

john-sussex:
Just to throw my spanner in, my XF on a 08 is running a 24v radio which is a bit of a pain…

It will be. DAF have fitted 24v radios as standard since sometime in 2007. If no radio is specced then looms will befitted for both 12v and 24v but if a radio is specced then just the 24v loom is fitted.

DAF will supply the loom for the 12v radio but it is apparently a ■■■■■■■ to fit and connect in.

Cheers
Neilf

I think it is there, as there is a lump of wire running from a connector behind the radio going to the hella socket. this is 12v when i checked it. as we are second owners I have no idea if this was daf or not. That said seen the same thing in a brand new Volvo where the dealer had run a jump wire across to make both sockets 12v.

Its a daf what can you expect apart from cheap crap;

Problem! The head It’s locked in PHONE MODE. HOW can I reset it?
P.s: 2 month old truck and I burned the tweeter of the right speaker. ■■■■■■ speakers or bad filters.

Carco:
P.s: 2 month old truck and I burned the tweeter of the right speaker. [zb] speakers or bad filters.

The XF I had, had the door speakers, 2 8’’ speakers behind each seat for the bass and 2 tweeters mounted on the A frames next to windscreen, is it 1 of those you have fried?

neilf:

matayou:

Have a look here for the full story with photos.

viewtopic.php?t=68083

I got my lead off eBay and it came with the keys to remove the radio, it was a lot cheaper then the one linked in that thread too.

Cheers
Neilf

I followed this good advice, works really well with my iPad.Have a bit of trouble with hearing but can hear downloaded programs on iplayer :slight_smile:

so can the bloke parked next to me :blush:

DAB is great for national am stations
but Planet Rock is better on 105.2 fm in
the West Midlands

Problem solved! Unplugged the 60amp safety, pushed back in, radio started working.

Alcpone:

Carco:
P.s: 2 month old truck and I burned the tweeter of the right speaker. [zb] speakers or bad filters.

The XF I had, had the door speakers, 2 8’’ speakers behind each seat for the bass and 2 tweeters mounted on the A frames next to windscreen, is it 1 of those you have fried?

Dont know! Mine i think it has only door speakers.

jessicas dad:
daf speakers are zb isnt the radio head should a blauplunk so should be good. the speakers blow at a drop of a hat.

Do you know what size they are off the top of your head?
I’m pretty sure they are standard 6" ones as I fit new Sony Xplodes to my CF which just caused the whole door to rattle, so I then fit another pair to the rear bulk head and faded them right up which solved it.
Am driving another one at the moment and the door speakers are literally shredded :imp:

Hi

I’m looking to replace my radio on daf xf 11 plate, is the original one at the moment, looking for upgrade that will sound better not sure if is the radio or the speakers that just crap but not happy with sound, anyway will any 12v head unit like alpine fit with out any major electrical work, asking because not sure if truck radios are 12 or 24v.

Any help would be great :smiley:

most are 24v,talk to the dealers fitters for ideas what to fit.

Daf has a 12v radio, and its the speakers that are cack

thanks for info lads, any one has any idea what size speakers fits the cart door? I don’t even have book from the truck some one all ready took it LOL, book should have radio code and some techical info :frowning:

im pretty sure if it came with a radio fitted from daf it will be 24v .to be sure pull radio out and look on label even better use a multimeter and check voltage input