Star down under.:

the maoster:
……… or alternatively maybe the servers are FUBAR?

Sadly the boring truth, but Windy’s science fiction conspiracy fantasies are so much more entertaining. :laughing:

‘‘Heavily scanned by MI5 and MI6’’ :laughing:
Like they ain’t got enough to do without ‘‘heavily scanning’’ the ramblings of a few blokes who deliver beans and bog rolls. :laughing:
I seriously think he should consider never going out of the house.

youtu.be/0qanF-91aJo?si=2ckrO_cKLYtihopP

Harry Monk:
This will be my last post here until Rikki gets his act together.

tries to decide if this post is serious or not, remembers HB is actually a very intelligent bloke, assumes not

Lucy:

Harry Monk:
This will be my last post here until Rikki gets his act together.

tries to decide if this post is serious or not, remembers HB is actually a very intelligent bloke, assumes not

Nice one Lucy.

A (by your own admission) intelligent and sensible member of the forum voices genuine concern, and you sack him off…

Way to go. After seeing the traffic on this forum plummet over the last few months, start alienating what few sensible members you have left.

Why don’t you just switch the thing off?

Because it’s not in either mine or Rikki’s power to do so. We’re concerned too, but can do no more than any other member.

To be clear, we don’t own the forum any more, Rik is not longer employed to (among many other things) look after it, it is out of our hands. The “Founder” tagline under our names is a courtesy, recognition of the many many years Rikki spent starting it up then building it and the years I put into running it too. I suspect it is a courtesy which will vanish when the forums move, along with the forum history which will be culled along with much of the database.

In return, and because we’ve known Diesel Dave for a very long time and think the world of him, we do bits and bobs around the place when we spot them, working through the premod posts being the main one. But in that respect we’re no different to any of the other volunteer mods, who also don’t have the authority to “…just switch the thing off.”

(And I’m 99% sure HM knows that - if not, he does now.)

ooh lucy i luv it when you talk… sensibly… :wink:

Sorry chaps, this is an old post. :blush:

And FB can take a lot of the blame, as there are forums relating to the industry on there as well.

there are a few old boors on here that really drag it down tho to be fair they DO keep on posting regularly

m.a.n rules:
ooh lucy i luv it when you talk… sensibly… :wink:

:sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast has a lot to answer for
And the other idiot TOBY and all his alias
No wonder it’s all over for TN

justpassing:

Fingers crossed T.N. isnt dead yet. Lets hope that the new thingummyjig fixes things.

I do hope it isnt over for TN , but as professional drivers we should know the score, hurry up and wait, along with , sure the load is ready now :smiley: .
I hope the owners arnt dicking the long suffering mods about with false promises.

I use no social media at all, so this forum is my mainstay in the trucking world.

I cant see how you can blame Carryfast. :laughing:
I reckon Dave has good intentions,.and is maybe being kept in the dark to an extent, and I do believe his explanations…and why would I not.

But I do believe the writing is on the wall,.which will be a shame, as I quite enjoy this forum,.and have made one or two actual mates because of it.
(I won’t mention the ‘fans’ and enemies though :laughing: )

I also do not use Facebook,.there are a LOT more f/wits on there than there are on here. :open_mouth: :laughing:

justpassing:

As a rule, we do not discuss details of any sanctions that the Mod/Admin Team take against any individual(s.)

:bulb: I’ve left a couple of lines above and below so that you can read in between them. :wink:

Even with TN’s slow page loading times, we’re still doing our work. :smiley:

I think the slow loading is to do with the adverts that appear on the right hand side. Sometimes you get the bog standard truck ones and when it takes a while some other advertisers appear.

Post a few bits this past hour, - board grinds to a halt again…

Does anyone still think I’m wrong when I say this board is being monitored, and it is that software monitoring process - that has the effect of slowing the site right down?

Winseer:
Post a few bits this past hour, - board grinds to a halt again…

At the risk of repeating my self… Agreed, and it’s the same for everybody

Winseer:
Does anyone still think I’m wrong when I say this board is being monitored, and it is that software monitoring process - that has the effect of slowing the site right down?

You may well be right about that, but it isn’t the conspiracy that you seem to think it is.

The slowness of the current TN site has been looked into by those who know what they’re doing, they found several genuine reasons for it.

This is being addressed here and by a board-wide announcement at the top of all the forums.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5#p2902285

dieseldave:
You may well be right about that, but it isn’t the conspiracy that you seem to think it is.

The slowness of the current TN site has been looked into by those who know what they’re doing, they found several genuine reasons for it.

Oh…don’t be spoiling his day Dave ffs. :unamused:

Apparently it’s a conspiracy between MI5 and MI6 according to his previous posts, they are spying on a few random truckers to monitor their opinions on the DCPC and whether or not Tesco are making us wait even longer.
I’ve told him, ‘‘Winseer’’ …I said, ‘‘It’s more likely to do with alien forces, caused by Klingons coming out of Uranus’’ …
But does he listen ?
Does he hell. :unamused:
:wink: :laughing:

robroy:

dieseldave:

Oh…don’t be spoiling his day Dave ffs. :unamused:

Apparently it’s a conspiracy between MI5 and MI6 according to his previous posts, they are spying on a few random truckers to monitor their opinions on the DCPC and whether or not Tesco are making us wait even longer.
I’ve told him, ‘‘Winseer’’ …I said, ‘‘It’s more likely to do with alien forces, caused by Klingons coming out of Uranus’’ …
But does he listen ?
Does he hell. :unamused:
:wink: :laughing:

I lol’d at that…

:smiley: