New permanent job with fowler welch

Hi all,

I’m starting with fowler welch tomorrow on a full time permanent position. I’ll be running out of Washington to tesco dc in goole, any one had any experience with goole dc, any advice or tips greatly appreciated, thanks guys

:slight_smile:

Congratulations on your job Surfa!!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your new job :smiley:

How’s it going?

Where are you upto with the job surfa??

Karma and I are keen for an update.

Hmm, probably stuck in an RDC waiting room of doom.

Good to hear about the job. Hope it’s going well.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

instantKarma:
Hmm, probably stuck in an RDC waiting room of doom.

Smartie phone with the Trucknet app could come in handy :grimacing:
They also play games. I ought to mention you can also use them as a phone…

every rdc waiting room i go in, i seem to suddenly lose signal. step outside the door and bam, full signal again, but you run the risk of missing your call and getting moaned at by the spotty oik behind the desk. They can keep you waiting for hours, but never make them wait a few minutes…

I had to pick up from a fowler welch depot recently in kent, first thing in the morning. it seemed like chaos but that might just be that depot. They were good to me and sorted out a spare set of abs leads as mine suddenly crapped out when i turned into their yard. Funny, the guy following me through town and into the depot said the trailer lights were fine all the way in then cut just as i turned into the depot.

silvasurfa67:
Hi all,

I’m starting with fowler welch tomorrow on a full time permanent position. I’ll be running out of Washington to tesco dc in goole, any one had any experience with goole dc, any advice or tips greatly appreciated, thanks guys

:slight_smile:

not the worst place & you normally get to stay in cab there IIRC can be a bit of a wit for your trailer

The guy at Washington are ok tbh although not been in for a while

Job is going very well, everybody is helpful, I’m still panicking over reversing onto the bay’s, just can’t seem to get it right, sure it will come in time, thank you everyone for all the helpful hints and tips you have all provided over the last few months, they have all been greatly recieved :slight_smile:

If you can watch other reverse & be careful not to over stere to get a good reverse is to line up right or get the 1st part right ( angle ) if that makes sense dont panic stay calm dont rush

Hey guys, Fowler update, reversing a bit of a doddle now tbh, however I’m thinking of moving on, don’t get me wrong, I love the driving side of things, but hate the stores/fridge work, always fancied flatbed or low loader work, was my idea of trucking when I was younger, still is, mind you it’s easier to find work when you’re in work, so consider myself in a pretty good position, anyone on here doing flatbed/low loader work and what’s it like

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile: