New passed driver jobs around Milton Keynes area

Hello ,
Six moths ago I decided to make a career change , or actually trying to build a career so I’ve worked some crazy hours at my current job with the ideea to pay for my HGV training.
I passed Class 2 at the end of june , after that doing like 6 weeks of waiting game for my CPC card to arrive (send licence/schedule MOD 4/waiting again) went to look for a job.
After some disappointing experiences with one agency who send me to drive a 7.5 with a 1.5t trailer which I refused and got sent home for , decided to upgrade so I went for a full ADR and Class 1 training.
Currently I hold Class 2 with ADR both Packs and Tanks (without classes 1 and 7) and at the end of the month I have my Class 1 test.
Hope I got as many details as I could in this post. The idea is that I’ll be looking for some jobs around the Milton Keynes area and I will find some suggestions as very useful.

Hi there

Just throwing this out there to you?

Have you considered doing Aircraft refuelling work seeing you have an ADR?
You dont actually need an ADR or CPC as you will be working on a private airfield.

I did this role for 12 months after passing my class 2 and as on £12 an hour.
Job is pretty easy - wondered if you can do this at Heathrow?

Just a though mate but the agency is monarch personnel based up in Manchester.
They are always looking for people. The job is good if you like aircraft but most drivers get tired of it fast as its not on the road job.

Just a thought.

Other than that mate just apply to local stuff
Good luck mate.

Congrats on your Class 2 mate and welcome to the forum.

My suggestion would be perseverance mate, and if you’re hopefully soon to have a class 1 licence, I’d be looking at the pallet firms starting on class 2. I suggest pallets as there is always openings for Newbies, and as they run both classes you’ll have an easy upgrade path…

Best of luck! :smiley:

Thank you for your advice.
I’m just a bit confused about where should I go , that’s why I was asking for opinions.

I did manage to pass my Class 1 with only 4 minor mistakes, so as soon as my licence comes back I’ll start looking for some jobs.
Scania training - 5*****

Good to hear about Scania at MK, that’s where I’m thinking of doing mine. Regarding the fuel stuff, I did 12 months at Oxford airport, No HGV, no adr, no cpc, just a car license driving an artic around. Was good experience for me to put towards my test, but the money was crap. £8.50 ph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have the advantage that you’re used to the size of the lorry.
Really nothing to complain about the training: great guys, brand new trucks (my class 1 had 9k miles) plus the fact they are training you at a much higher level than the one needed to pass the test.
Bonus : Priceless looks from the other school’s trainees at the 16 plate shiny Scania :slight_smile: