New pass, first job. Derbyshire based

Hi all,
Just looking for advice for when I pass my C+E in the (hopefully) not too distant future.
I’ve already spoken to a couple of companies local to me (WS Transport and Wincantons) who aren’t willing to take on a new pass. Does anybody have any ideas where may be a good place with a fair wage? I’ve heard Stobarts will take on new passes but that it is also like selling your soul to them in return. Is this true or just a negative hype?
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hi mate, what sort of money are you after and where do you live/where would you travel to? Might be able to give you some suggestions off the back of that

EncoreKris:
…where do you live/where would you travel to? …

Derbyshire based

That is a big county though :unamused: :wink: :smiley:

I’m based in Chesterfield and realistically i’d like to travel no more than 45 minutes as a commute. Money wise, i’m on £1450 a month at the moment after tax. So anything more than that is a bonus. I understand that as a new pass, you’re less likely to be pushing a top wage but around 500 a week would be nice.
Thanks!

I have just found over fifty jobs advertised between Alfreton and Chesterfield using a simple search. Some are agency, some are direct employment. I would say its as good an area to live as anywhere.

Wheel Nut:
some are direct employment. I would say its as good an area to live as anywhere.

Do you know if these are companies willing to take on fresh passes?
I appreciate your knowledge, many thanks :smiley:

Thomaswilliam2210:

Wheel Nut:
some are direct employment. I would say its as good an area to live as anywhere.

Do you know if these are companies willing to take on fresh passes?
I appreciate your knowledge, many thanks :smiley:

Best bet is if you know the name of those companies then visit them with CV and hand it personally to the TM
Also have work gear in car boot especially early morning :bulb:

Taylors at Huthwaite often take new passes, just across M1 J28 Mansfield side, but it can be kindof chaos on days. Nights might be calmer but some of that requires ADR.

Theres loads of companies around Cotes Road Ind Est in Alfreton and down past McDonalds / KFC although couldn’t give you any definite options there. Suspect some would offer it. Not sure if NHS do but they mostly seem to be wagon and drag.

UPS down there might be an option esp if you’re prepared to do nights. Likely very hot on H&S.

Don’t think our lot will take on without a year for insurance except possibly on agency, but if you had ADR that might help. If you go that route, would try Recon agency.

Forgot, you might get a start with CS2 near J29. Not the best payers mind you, but decent kit and office staff.