New pass class c only

Well how things change a 30 year old chap down the road, stopped me at weekend and said to me ive spunked 2k on doing my class 2 and dcpc and i can,t get a start anywhere, i said have you done the agency route ? his reply shocked me, Ye he said they all want 2 yrs commercial driving experience. :open_mouth: Well blow me down in the 1990 i passed my class 1 and signed up for an agency who have gone now or been sold, but i got a start night trunking within a few days, so why can,t this lad do the same ? Over to the experts how does he get experience ? I,m well Lost on this one.

I done agency route bro, only passed c+e in January. There are agency’s who want 2 year exp just tell him to keep looking, what area is he?

Cheers for the reply mate, i think he is exhausted, he lives in west sussex a place called midhust.

lost:
Cheers for the reply mate, i think he is exhausted, he lives in west sussex a place called midhust.

That’s his problem. Not much around there.

I don’t think that it’s actually the agencies that are asking for the experience, but their clients that they supply the drivers to.

When I passed the class2 9 years ago I had the same problem.so I gat a job driving skip wagons.Don’t know if all skip firms are the same,but they took any tom ■■■■ or harry on.
Failing that,tell Him to try and get some time driving 7.5 tonners.

I don’t think that it’s actually the agencies that are asking for the experience, but their clients that they supply the drivers to

Ye think you could be right there mate, just goes to show how insurance rules the uk not the goverment or law.

Tell him to not get too dis-heartened and don’t give up. I had the same thing when I passed my class 1, just gotta be persistent and be lucky. Something will come up for the fella, especially around this time of year as things are picking up for Xmas madness

Your mate should try skips ,tippers and parcel delivery firms,Tuffnells etc.Christmas is just around the corner!!Manpower do a lot of Royal Mail and Parcelforce work so try them.The economy is in a terrible state so its very hard to secure any job just now.

6 weeks ago I advertised on here in the work offered part of the forum. I was looking for class 2 (c) driver, no issues about experience or points and I got 2 replies! I am based 8miles from Midhurst. This was for EU work as well!!

Busy times a coming, you will get your feet in a few companies and hopefully prove yourself, then you could find yourself being asked back by name.

Oddly enough when no-one else is available to take the idle truck out suddenly a fresh licence becomes ok. Get in the door and don’t ■■■■ it up and chances are it’ll stay open.

posted this before - the insurance extra for us if we take someone on under 25 or little experience, is another £500.00 excess.

I think a lot of employers think it must cost a fortune on the insurance but it doesn’t. We took a lad on and had an agreement that if he had an accident he would pay the £500.00 extra.

For anyone wanting to get a foot in the door, it might be worth pointing that out and seeing if it helps.

Midhurst, not too far from Lenhams if they’re still about.