New Owner driver Insurance

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked a million times couldn’t find any posts but who do people use for insurance for new operators just been quoted £8-10k from towergate for a class 1 unit for general haulage :open_mouth: .I currently am in the bus/coach industry and we pay approx £3k for a coach that can carry 70 plus people which i understand is a huge liability for potential claims if there was an accident just seemed very expensive for a £20k vehicle with no passengers been carried.

Cheers Jay

Moved topic to Operators board Jase, should get better replies here.

I used Burley Group, based in Sheffield for many years. Can’t say on new operators rates, but they were sound with me.

Good luck.

Jase1969:
Hi

Sorry if this has been asked a million times couldn’t find any posts but who do people use for insurance for new operators just been quoted £8-10k from towergate for a class 1 unit for general haulage :open_mouth: .I currently am in the bus/coach industry and we pay approx £3k for a coach that can carry 70 plus people which i understand is a huge liability for potential claims if there was an accident just seemed very expensive for a £20k vehicle with no passengers been carried.

Cheers Jay

That £8/10K figure seems to be the going rate for a new start with zero claims record according to a couple of insurance brokers I`ve been on the phone to this morning, and I was only enquiring about cutting down a few trucks for the coming insurance renewal & it came into the conversation… :blush: :open_mouth:

albion:
Moved topic to Operators board Jase, should get better replies here.

I used Burley Group, based in Sheffield for many years. Can’t say on new operators rates, but they were sound with me.

Good luck.

Thanks will give them a call :smiley:

Hello mate, try New Era Insurance Services.0161 204 3675. Ask for Nathan, I’ve used him for years, he’ll sort you out if he can.