New motor

Got this given today. Brand new Daf cf 75.310 auto. Decent spec, roof lights, bumper lights and a sliding roof body.

Maiden voyage up to Edinburgh tomorrow.

Nice no matter how cool for school you are it’s exciting getting a new truck I don’t care what anyone says.

It’s nice getting a new motor until it comes to moving in. It took over 2 hours and I still haven’t put everything away properly.

Nice, could do with a few more horses but a good truck still.

jimmi:
It’s nice getting a new motor until it comes to moving in. It took over 2 hours and I still haven’t put everything away properly.

And all the things you could lay your hands now can’t be found.

mucker85:

310 is PLENTY for 26tonne work. I had a 380 Priemium and NOTHING could touch it up hill even the Irish boys

bazstan009:

jimmi:

And all the things you could lay your hands now can’t be found.

More than likely. I’ll get it sorted by the weekend. I put the most important things where I need them.

What they like to work for?
Pay conditions??
They advertise more often then they move yards!

Jack-knife:
What they like to work for?
Pay conditions??
They advertise more often then they move yards!

Pay is average for the area, work is easy all regular customers and upn network stuff.

Is it tramping? Or just odd nights out??
Do you get a mix of work with the upn and distance??
Or is it 1 or other??
Where are you based now■■?

Jack-knife:
Is it tramping? Or just odd nights out??
Do you get a mix of work with the upn and distance??
Or is it 1 or other??
Where are you based now■■?

2-3 nights out its a mix but you can choose permanent locals if you want them. If on distance you might get the odd day on locals between runs but not a weeks worth usually. We are in the old symphony place on geldard lane Leeds. If you look close on cab door the address is there.

Great looking beast. Its fantastic getting a new truck and being the only one that drives it. So much nicer.

NewLad:

mucker85:

310 is PLENTY for 26tonne work. I had a 380 Priemium and NOTHING could touch it up hill even the Irish boys

I’ll race ya… :wink:

I missed that better go specsavers :laughing:
Nice motor by the way I give you a wave+flash if I see you!
Unlike Luke who just blanked me :laughing:

Jack-knife:
I missed that better go specsavers :laughing:
Nice motor by the way I give you a wave+flash if I see you!
Unlike Luke who just blanked me :laughing:

Ha ha cheers. It says Jimbob in the window so easy to spot

Just a heads up in case you don’t know since you have skylights,if you will notice that only 1 light in each combi works ,that is how it’s meant to be .there is no bulb or any way to fit a bulb in the other lamp

norb:
Just a heads up in case you don’t know since you have skylights,if you will notice that only 1 light in each combi works ,that is how it’s meant to be .there is no bulb or any way to fit a bulb in the other lamp

Cheers but yeah I did know my old motor was a 61 reg cf spacecab 18 tonner with the same cab spec.

My old motor.

switchlogic:

NewLad:

mucker85:

I’ll race ya… :wink:

Yeah it won’t beat your 750 lol but it was definitely overpowered (not a bad thing)

It’s not the size of the beast!
It’s the size of the beast!!
Driving the beast!!!