new motor

Ive been offered a new motor thats in build now, its coming sometime in march and its gonna be a bit of an oddball. Its a 14t daf lf curtainsider with a tail lift and a hatcher componets extended cab. The gaffer says its to fill in for the jobs that are a bit too big for a 7.5t but too small for a 18t. What do you guys think? He says hes gonna have plenty of work for it since its the only one on the fleet and a few nights out but he mentioned the dreaded “L” word LONDON not my fave place to drive at all.

I’d be more put off by an LF sleeper than delivering in the “smoke”. Had one for a week a few years ago, ■■■■ nuisance cos you have to tip the bunk up to drive and the seats forward to sleep. Don’t know if the Hatcher job’s any different.

if you’ll be doing central London, get him to spec an auto box. Makes it alot less stressful.

Derf:
if you’ll be doing central London, get him to spec an auto box. Makes it alot less stressful.

definitely makes it easier round there

The hatcher cab is a lot bigger than the standard Daf sleeper, it’s a converted day cab that’s about the size of a flat roof cf. it’s a manual that’s been ordered I’ve already asked that one lol. It’s gonna be a come down from a cf space cab tho.