new mercs

TBH im not too gone on the new Actros,a narrow cab is a bit silly and that’s what i’d be getting. A few comment on hill climbing inability,my mp2 '46 does feel sedated sometime’s but it does hold it’s own on the hill’s as long as you keep the rev’s up. I don’t think Merc are as good a truck to own as say Scania or Volvo but they are’nt far away. With 450k on the clock on timber haulage i’ve needed a gearbox ecu,clutchkit and pressure plate (warranty recall original where not giving trouble)and a booster. An alternator,window regulator,battery lead,rear axle bearing’s and some stupid thing in the rear end called a start off aid.It does nothing but cost’s €200 to replace and it’s gone again. Would i have another…yes,or a Volvo :laughing:

good points people…

personally on this shift we have 2 x 62 plate scania g cab highlines, bunks are crap in them and i dont like the seats at all, not a fan of the mirrors blocking viewing space. good point is the engine

we also have 3 x 58 plate daf cf’s, good trucks let down by crap electrics, always having problems with censors on these, before this job i had a daf xf for 4 years, any serious downpour and the gearbox would put itself into neutral!, curtains on the cf hardly cover the windows,

at the moment i havent spent any amount of time in a fm, so cant really comment on them, but come next year its seems the cf’s will be replaced by either volvo fm, scannie g cabs or the merc and personally i like the merc

the maoster:

ThrustMaster:
Unless you’re about 7ft tall, how are you supposed to clean the N/S corner blind spot mirror?

I used to struggle with this until one day with too much time on my hands I set about inventing stuff; after discounting both the underwater helicopter and space bicycle as impractical I turned my thoughts to cleaning blindspot mirrors. I’ve come up with what I consider to be a revolutionary breakthrough which I’m provisionally naming @brush and handle. Basically I’ve taken a soft brush head and (here’s the clever bit) I’ve mated it to a long stick thing (I’ve called that bit “a stick”). Amazingly this clears not only blindspot mirrors, but also all manner of other difficult to reach places.

I look forward to giving you all progress reports from my palatial Caribbean hideaway once my invention goes into production. :smiley: :smiley:

Nice. Put me down for two, just as long as they are collapsible to less than six inches in length and can fit into my backpack, as I have a different motor every night. :smiley:

ThrustMaster:

the maoster:

ThrustMaster:
Unless you’re about 7ft tall, how are you supposed to clean the N/S corner blind spot mirror?

I used to struggle with this until one day with too much time on my hands I set about inventing stuff; after discounting both the underwater helicopter and space bicycle as impractical I turned my thoughts to cleaning blindspot mirrors. I’ve come up with what I consider to be a revolutionary breakthrough which I’m provisionally naming @brush and handle. Basically I’ve taken a soft brush head and (here’s the clever bit) I’ve mated it to a long stick thing (I’ve called that bit “a stick”). Amazingly this clears not only blindspot mirrors, but also all manner of other difficult to reach places.

I look forward to giving you all progress reports from my palatial Caribbean hideaway once my invention goes into production. :smiley: :smiley:

Nice. Put me down for two, just as long as they are collapsible to less than six inches in length and can fit into my backpack, as I have a different motor every night. :smiley:

FFS, stop pressurising me man! Once I’ve finished perfecting cold fusion for this unstable West African dictator I’m dealing with I’ll be straight down the shed to knock you a couple up. HTH. :wink:

the maoster:

ThrustMaster:

■■■■,i’ve been working on ejector seats for underwater helicopters for the last 10yrs,is there no market for them!

After my rant about Mercedes Benz Axors earlier in this thread, I’ve just been told I’ll be out in a new Merc Actros demonstrator of Monday… (like the one at the start of the thread… from Orwell Truck & Van)

It’s going to be an interesting day. I’ll let you know how it goes from a former fan of Mercedes who’s been re-educated by the Axor…