New Merc MP4 .

Has anyone out any information on how the new Merc is performing in service ?.

Hi.What would you like to know?.Had mine for four months now and i love it.

We just delivery of a new fleet of them, look smart enough tho we have the narrow cab versions and only 420’s, trying to get info out of other drivers is like squeezing blood from a stone and not the chance to have a spin in one yet !

Expecting the engine to be the usual gutless effort, however I am hoping the ride and gearbox is an improvement over the last Mercs I have driven.

daftvader:

Just very interested as to how this new truck is performing in service , reliability fuel consumption etc ? , I can only presume they are ok up to now due to the lack of comments on this site up until now . Many thanks for your infomation daftvader , have a very very christmas and a happy new year .

One thing I heard was that our new ones are averaging between 9 & 11mpg, they are limited to 52mph as well if that makes a dot of difference.

We have two narrow cab 450s. No idea how they do non fuel as i don’t drive one exclusively.

However - they seem to pull a little better than the old 440 actros. The gearbox is much better than before - but a warning (I know 'cos I was there!) switch off the ignition and remove the “key/laptop device” when you tip/load. I forgot the other night and had the gearbox driving like I still had about 40 tonnes when it was only 33. Lots of screaming engine till I realised why!!

It’s much smoother to drive and makes a lovely sound; the controls are all in new places and take some getting used to. Gears are where the cruise used to be and cruise is where the phone and computer used to be (still is but changed!)

In general a nicer truck than the old one but not much better in terms of pulling power, but does it in a nicer way!

i work for same firm as daft aider but diff depot. we have had two dragged in and taken over a week to repair and one with a damaged intercooler over a week. nice truck tho

gardun:
We have two narrow cab 450s. No idea how they do non fuel as i don’t drive one exclusively.

However - they seem to pull a little better than the old 440 actros. The gearbox is much better than before - but a warning (I know 'cos I was there!) switch off the ignition and remove the “key/laptop device” when you tip/load. I forgot the other night and had the gearbox driving like I still had about 40 tonnes when it was only 33. Lots of screaming engine till I realised why!!
It’s much smoother to drive and makes a lovely sound; the controls are all in new places and take some getting used to. Gears are where the cruise used to be and cruise is where the phone and computer used to be (still is but changed!)

In general a nicer truck than the old one but not much better in terms of pulling power, but does it in a nicer way!

That’s not why, they just do it now and then. Mine’s done it after a trailer swap (ignition always off when connecting / disconnecting suzi’s), and after stop / starting 45min break.

Also, had it a few times where I’ve started it, put it in Drive and it’s stalled.

Personally, I prefer the MP3, except the cup holder. But it’s not a bad truck, just louder, slower, a bit jerkier (approx 60,000kms so far, so settled in) when hooking up or other certain things.

I’ve done an exhaustive review on here somewhere from when I got mine, so you didn’t search very hard :wink:

waynedl:

I’ve done an exhaustive review on here somewhere from when I got mine, so you didn’t search very hard :wink:

I wasn’t looking - just replying to the OP :laughing: :laughing:

shugg:

daftvader:

Just very interested as to how this new truck is performing in service , reliability fuel consumption etc ? , I can only presume they are ok up to now due to the lack of comments on this site up until now . Many thanks for your infomation daftvader , have a very very christmas and a happy new year .

Had no reliability issues with mine so far.Gearbox still not as good as it should be by now.it still seems to hunt for gears at roundabouts and junctions.Not all the time but enough to catch you out sometimes.Fuel consumption seems to be ok around the 9 mark and seen 12 when empty.Mine is still set at 90ks though.Shh don’t tell the boss.There is an economy switch on the end of the gear change column that automatically limits the truck to 85ks.And i tend to drive it at about that speed.Handy to have the extra for an overtake though.All in all i think it.s a very nice truck to live and work in.Is the gigaspace cab though so there is a lot of room in it.Happy christmas and new year to you to. :slight_smile: