New Merc Actros

chester1:

washy jnr:

jase:
Looks very good,voted truck of the year 2012,question is,who can afford to buy one??

If our Transport manager get’s his way then we will have 43 of them early next year… :open_mouth:

He wont thay dont hit these shores till november 2012

Are you entirely sure about that chester1?
My info is that the first demo’s are going through PDI at Wentworth Park right now, and the McLaren units will be with Stobart about Chrstmas with customer deliveries to start pretty well straight after. The main issue is that the Actros MP3 will still be available for another 2 years and will be considerably cheaper.

jase:
No Busby,definately 2012,I put odds on that the first one will we see in operator colours will be Maritime.

Heard from someone a while back who’s company had (allegedly) ordered one before a picture had even been seen and it wasn’t Maritime!! Maybe ‘he’ might come and say who they are and if their still getting one…if he still works for 'em!! :wink:

As one of those foolish enough to buy the first Actros when it came out I am fully aware of the massive faults that particular vehicle had and was hoping for something better with this latest model,not that I would buy one but I was surprised that Steev Hayes editor of Trucking concluded his report on the new Actros with the comment that the braking system was ‘lacking’ so it may just be that Mercedes are still producing to their usual pitiful standard.Trust no one on here is planning to buy one for at least a year or two,best let the mugs like I was find all the faults.

It looks a bit like a Magnum? Actros Mk1 had the best brakes I’d ever had.

Not bad for a day cab :open_mouth: